Molly the Jack Russell having an episode. Videos

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by Sndgd1, Jun 9, 2019.

1. Sndgd1

Sndgd1 New Member

Name:
    Kevin

Molly the Jack Russell having an episode.

This is a video of our Jack Russell Molly having an episode of what we don't know. The link to the video is at the end of this post. She will start wandering around flinching, falling down. Sometimes she gets into a corner and can't turn herself around. Last night at 2 in the morning, I found her stuck behind the refrigerator. The episodes happen 1-2 times a day and last from 15-30 minutes. We have taken her to the vet and they say it is arthritis and gave us pain pills. That has had no effect. 90% of the time she is spunky and full of energy, even though she is 16 years old, jumping and running to fetch a ball. We hate seeing her like this and feel helpless to help her. Any one have any ideas?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    If it was all the time, I'd strongly suspect she was having neurological problems.

Maybe some vestibular disease activity going on, but not fully typical as her eyes look steady and her head held straight.

Did the vet check her ears by any chance?
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Did you show this video to your vet? There's no way he would diagnose only arthritis if he saw this.
  5. Sndgd1

Sndgd1 New Member

Name:
    Kevin
    CaroleC likes this.
    My wife did show the vet and the vet still insists its arthritis in Molly's hips. I just don't know if the wife impressed on the vet that 90% of the time she is very active and shows know signs of pain. We may be going to another vet.
  6. Sndgd1

Sndgd1 New Member

Name:
    Kevin
    The wife says he vet did check her ears.
  7. Sndgd1

Sndgd1 New Member

Name:
    Kevin
    Yes.
  8. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    One thing I would do that may make things a little easier for her until you get to the bottom of what's causing it, it to put some more rugs down. You have smooth floors which will make it worse for her when she is off balance.

Please keep us up-dated on her. It must be extremely worrying for you x