How can a small 6kg dog... General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

How can a small 6kg dog...

...chomble her way through a 202g chunk of frozen turkey neck [the thick end] in just a few minutes? :102: It was so large that Tikva could only just get her jaws open wide enough to take it from me! It is pot luck as to whether Michaƫl has cock or hen birds, so sometimes the chunks [he cuts them for me] are a bit larger/smaller, not that Tikki cares, and I suppose the amount I feed her averages out the same.

I have given up buying chicken wings for her as they really are not big enough to get her through the day until her evening meal, but turkey wings are too large, so she just has the turkey neck chunk for breakfast these days. Maybe I will try chicken backs, which include the necks, and break them in half before packing and freezing.

That dog eats better than I do at times! [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Rosie would eat until she burst if I let her and then look appealingly for more :).

It's amazing the amount a small dog can eat
  4. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    You should see how much Malone can put down. He is less than 2 kg and seems to be able to fit so much food. He doesn't chew, though.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tikki nudges me to let me know when it is her breakfast/evening meal, just in case I have forgotten! but never asks for more - although I am sure she would eat it if I gave it to her and she does tend to scour her bowl after her evening "wet" meal - just in case she left a crumb! She is still nice and slender and as Ram is due next week for her Parkworm shot etc, she will be weighed.

She is quite a good girl really and although she has many Doxie traits, begging for more food - hers or mine - is not one of them, but she looked so funny holding this massive lump of frozen turkey neck in her jaws and I was convinced she was going to drop it!
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Rosie usually just sits and looks at me when it's mealtime and she is never off by a minute on time :).

Similarly when we eat. She usually gets a bit of what we have when we have finished. She never begs for it, just sits and gives us the big browns
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    This morning's 10am breakfast was at gone 11am, and this evening's 8pm supper was past 9pm! At the moment it seems to go by whatever time Tikki surfaces, not her usual times - when she decides it is time she comes up to me and pats my arm, and that is when I get the big browns!

She is a bit like me though as I never stick to regular mealtimes.