FRENCH BULLDOG DNA TEST Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Joeysfrenchie, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Joeysfrenchie

Joeysfrenchie New Member

Name:
    Joey

FRENCH BULLDOG DNA TEST

Is it normal to have bulldog breed in my frenchie I got her dna tested and she had 12.5 bulldog and 85 frenchie I’m confused I was hoping to see 100% French bulldog . I can’t find any info on this out there she is also a Merle
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  4. Joeysfrenchie

Joeysfrenchie New Member

Name:
    Joey
    Yea it’s confusing I read Merle frenchies are supposed to be crossbred with chihuahuas as it seems mine was with bulldog ? I’m not sure
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Joey, I do not know anything about colours and dilutions, nor do I know where to find exact details - I think that Vee @GsdSlave could be able to help you. I just did a quick Google search, hoping something might help you.

Bulldogs, however, are in the original background of most brachycephalic dog breeds. That does not mean that French Bulldogs [or Pugs, also originated from Bulldogs] are not a breed on their own, because they are. Just as due to evolutions Humans are now a "breed" [for want of a better word], having evolved from different ancestors.[​IMG]

6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  7. Joeysfrenchie

Joeysfrenchie New Member

Name:
    Joey
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Was it the Merle that was dna tested? I thought it was a different one.
  9. Joeysfrenchie

Joeysfrenchie New Member

Name:
    Joey
    Nope it was the Merle that I dna tested
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    OK. On your other thread, you say she is 75% Frenchie, 12.5% Bulldog, and 12.5% Group Dog. Is it possible that the Group Dog could be the outcross which was used to introduce the Merle gene?
    If the Merle colour was introduced into FB's through the Chihuahua, it is more than likely that those Chihuahuas were not completely purebred, as merle is not a recognised colour in UK Chi's. The British Chihuahua Club even maintains a register of dogs which have been identified as carrying merle breeding. I helped in a fairly large Chihuahua and Doberman show kennel in the 1950's, and I'm sure that there were no merles in the breed in those days!
  11. Joeysfrenchie

Joeysfrenchie New Member

Name:
    Joey
    Hmm possibly wisdom panel just says the group dog is associated with bulldog or French bulldog I’m going to call wisdom and see if they can break it down for me . But I’m still trying to figure out if that is normal for a Merle dna I’m not too sure