Hi all Discussions

Discussion in 'Shih Tzu' started by Mumofamber, Sep 6, 2019.

1. Mumofamber

Mumofamber New Member

Name:
    Kathleen

Hi all

I have a shih tzu who is really naughty. At the moment I’m in turmoil. Last night I picked up advocate from the vets and stupidly left it in my bag. Long and short my dog got it and ate it . I rushed her to the vets at 10 last night. They are treating the symptoms as there is no cure. They say she should be ok but I am so worried - been up all night with her. Has anyone else gone through this please or can anyone offer any advice? Thank you
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sorry, I have no experience of this, and I don't use Advocate. I really hope that she will be home soon, with no ill effects. If the vet has said that he thinks your girl will be OK, just hang on to that thought and try to stay positive - not easy I know.
    Please pop back and let us know the result. I will be thinking about her.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Mumofamber likes this.
    How old is your girl and how much Advocate did she manage to eat? I do so hope she will be OK but never having used it I have no knowledge of it.

Like Carole, I do hope she will be OK. But it was not your fault. We all make mistakes at times and your little girl did not intentionally mean to be naughty. Many times dogs, especially puppies, just do not understand what is good to eat and what is not.
  5. Mumofamber

Mumofamber New Member

Name:
    Kathleen
    Malka likes this.
    Amber is a year old and the great news she is home. She’s not out of the woods yet still very disorientated and twitchy but she’s home. Vet decided she would be better off with me and she was getting really anxious. She is no worse so vet said that was a good sign. She ate the whole tube of it . I feel so bad still about it . The vet was amazed that she ate as it tastes really bad but then she said each time they gave her charcoal she was even chewing the syringe. Just a matter of waiting, watching and praying. Giving her a drink every hour to help flush it so another sleepless night but I don’t care just as long as she pulls through. I am never getting that advocate again - I have read so much bad stuff about it today . Thank you both for your replies will keep you both updated xx
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Thank you for updating us. Best wishes that Amber will have a smooth recovery now.
  7. Mumofamber

Mumofamber New Member

Name:
    Kathleen
    Malka, CaroleC and Chris B like this.
    Just another quick update. I am over the moon Amber is well on the way to recovery. Her tremors and twitches have stopped, she’s eating little bits and started to drink more. She still has a long way to go but vet said she is over the worst and just needs tlc which she is definitely getting plenty off. At the moment she is cuddled up at the side of me. It is so good to see her sleeping peacefully. Thank you for your kind words. Xx
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Mumofamber likes this.
    So pleased to hear that she is picking up. Our naughty dogs do give us some grey hairs.
  9. Mumofamber

Mumofamber New Member

Name:
    Kathleen
    Indeed they do - but I still blame myself . I certainly won’t that mistake again xx