Puppy pooping too much at night Behaviour

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Lalique, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Lalique

Lalique New Member

Name:
    Jsanjur

Puppy pooping too much at night

Hi all,

I have a 14 week old frenchie that i received about 2 weeks ago. She had a gastrointestinal condition basically since i got her and she has been recovering pretty good, meds, change of food, etc.

Im feeding her 3 times a day (usually 6:30 am, 12:30 pm and 7:30 pm.), with Hill's Prescription Diet i/d dry food, as vet advised.

The issue im having is that she is pooping a lot at night, about 3 or 4 times (between 12am and 6am). She also poops after she eats at 7:30 pm. She sleeps on our room so she is free to roam at night. What do you guys advise me to do to stop this:
    Is she too young to hold it all night and should i let her do it until she is bigger?
    Should i get a crate for her to sleep?
    Should i wait until she is fully recovered from the condition she had?

Thanks for your time and assistance

J
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jeff Crook

Jeff Crook New Member

Name:
    Jeff
    We only feed our babies twice a day maybe try that? I’m sure others here will have some better advice for you.
  4. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    A puppy that age should be fed 3 or 4 times a day
  5. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Before doing anything else, have the vet checked that the gastro problem is over.

Yes, three to four meals per day at that age.

Cages do tend to help them hold (usually, but not guaranteed) or section off a small area for him to sleep in, but first and foremost, he needs to be re-checked
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Yes, she is too young to go clean through the night.
    You should restrict the area that she has access to. A bed inside a puppy pen or a snug crate would be an improvement.
    I would feed small portions of an easily digested food, four times a day. Do not use any shop bought treats until your puppy's gastro condition improves.
    Stick with your vet's advice - some puppies react to the stress involved in leaving their siblings, and new conditions - it will settle.
  7. Lalique

Lalique New Member

Name:
    Jsanjur
    Chris likes this.
    thanks for he advises. I will put her pen in the bedroom with her bed inside. Since the pen is pretty big and wont fit completely into the room i will reduce its size like half so she has a spot with some pads in case he has to go, and will go from there.

Im only giving her the food vet suggested and water, no treats, nothing else. We have the followup on thursday so i hope everything will be ok.

Thanks again for your help

J