How is everyone in the current situation? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Mar 12, 2020.

1. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Yes Juli sorry, British Telecom or openreach as it's more commonly known by now! Hope you get it sorted and your getting everything you need?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    download (1).jpg
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Oops - I have just sort of told Mikhaël off for coming in :oops: - he had brought 4kg chunks of turkey necks and as usual he waltzed in and put the bag on the sink unit before I had a chance to ask him to please not come in but just put the bag down just inside the door. :oops: I had already left the money on the edge of the table for him to take and reversed away from the open door when I saw his car.

Not his fault, he just forgot. Abject apologies as he backed away and stood outside saying "two metres, two metres, I am so sorry, I forgot" - which made me feel guilty for not wanting him to come in.

But he is with people all the time at the stall and I do not want to take the risk. The Ninja would kill me if the virus did not!
  5. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    CaroleC likes this.
    @CaroleC, Please keep us posted on how you are feeling
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    We have had nothing but rain for months and couldn’t go out, now we are not allowed out the sun is shining!
  8. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    After having 3 days off not super thrilled to be going to work...
  9. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Making use of the time by teaching Monkey, The Welsh Language!
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Today has been a bugga of a day and I will be glad when it is time to go to bed. However, I had the pleasure of telling Yaacov, my landlord, that he could not come into my house! Considering the fact that he, or rather the whole family, own the whole plot, this bungalow, the big one next door and all the yards, I suppose I should not have said "my" house, but still...!

He wanted a cheque for my part of the electricity bill, It is all a rather long story as to why he now gets the bill for both bungalows and really only important to me, but that is what he was doing on the Moshav and why he came strolling down my path.

"Oh" he said, "did Amit not tell you I was coming?" - err, umm, angonaminit - why telephone Amit to ask him to tell me and not just telephone me himself? Oh well, I made him stand outside, doing my utmost to keep a strange face - told him that Amit had told me not to let anyone inside and if I did that he, Amit, would wring my skinny neck!

Tikva in the meantime was outside, trying to climb up Yaacov's leg so he would pet her [she adores him just as she adores most men], I got my chequebook out, just wrote in the numbers, signed it, and told him he could fill in the rest...

...then held it out to him as far as I could reach - with it firmly in my picker-upper! :043: :043: :043:

Definitely made up for the grotty day, so when my order arrived minus the decaffeinated coffee I wanted [no sardines or the special bread I had ordered either] it did not really matter.

Poor Yaacov - he is such a nice person and we get on very well, but I am sticking firmly to instructions and I just will not let anyone in now, even the Ninja, although either he or Hai will have to bring my water containers in when they are delivered next week while I keep well out of the way, as their drivers will only leave them outside for the duration.
  11. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Well done Juli.

It's difficult to keep everyone at arms length, but it makes sense and, like you, everyone should follow the rule
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    A very good idea - Tikki understands both English and Ivrit - and my version of sign language as well!
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  14. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Update.
    I went on to the NHS online symptom checker and we do not have CV19, (phew!). We do have a bug of some description though! We have got over the headaches and nausea stage, but now have gut disturbances, achy backs and leaden legs. My guess would be a bog-standard flu. This morning my neighbour tells me that she has just finished a course of AB's, so it seems as if there are plenty of 'normal' infections are around at the moment too.
    Stay well everyone. Keep Calm and Keep Washing Your Hands. (Don't they get dry!)
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am so relieved to hear that you both do not have COV-19 Carole - symptom checkers do help as they give a list of possibles/not possibles. A couple of days ago I developed a cold sore on my lip for the first time in my life, and the situation being as it is I almost panicked until I went onto a symptom checker and no, cold sores are definitely not a symtom of the virus. Google is very good at giving links to just about everything, as long as you know which links are to be trusted.

I am not very happy at the moment. Yesterday morning the Ninja telephoned to say that he was with Shula, our nurse [in his capacity of being i/c of the IDF Home Front Command for this regional area] and that she would be calling on me "in about half an hour" to see if I was OK. She asked him to telephone me to tell me, and to say that she would not being coming in so I had to check my BP and weight to tell her when she came. Why could she not telephone me herself? She knew that he was on the Moshav on official business, to check with her about elderly people living alone and make sure that someone checked on them every day, and then had a committee meeting with the manager of the Moshav plus whoever else is concerned with things, so would not have time to come here with her.

So I did, and I waited......and waited......and no Shula. I did not want to disturb Amit at the meeting but knew he would call me as soon as he could. He was furious with Shula for not doing her job, and she said she would be here this morning, and she had the gall to ask him to ask me what my BP and weight were.

It is now gone 3pm and needless to say she still has not turned up, nor has she telephoned, and I know she has been at the clinic on the Moshav because I saw her car outside it [I can see the clinic through the trees].

And why the heck are people now asking Amit to tell/ask me things instead of calling me themselves?
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh, and I still have no landline telephone [and no television because it is connected to the landline] and internet which keeps dropping plus is s-l-o-w as if it is going through treacle because of the line - and Bezeq, the telephone company, say they are short staffed because of so many people being off sick - and priorities must come first.

Even Amit can not get through their thick heads that a 78 year-old wheelchair-bound person, living alone, should be classed as a priority in this current situation.
  17. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It did say on the radio that internet speeds were likely be slower. So many people are working from home, and children are having their lessons online.
  18. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am not worried if my internet is slow - half the time I cannot even get online now because of the telephone line. But last time the landline was off, not only was the television not working but I had no internet at all, so I am grateful for it when I can get it.

But so few people know my mobile number as I have always used my landline, the mobile only being for emergencies.

Much as I love my country it has spent, and is still spending, millions to bring back feckless backpackers who are stuck all over the world and who are being brought back with no charge, quite possibly bringing the virus home with them, while I still have to pay the line rental for a dead telephone landline, and the monthly charges for my television package.

Oh well - I guess old people are considered as dispensable these days.
  19. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    We got an email from our supplier to say they had boosted the internet because of the extra demand so fingers crossed we are working fine so far.

We got our dreaded letter today so it's official, we are decrepit old crinkleys :). Apparently, we will get food parcels as we're not allowed out shopping. I dread to think what will come :)
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    There are no decrepit old crinkleys on Breedia Chris - we are as young in our minds as we were - umm - err - well, when we were whatever age we once were! Once upon a time.

What sort of food parcels will you be getting do you think? I have fond memories of the food parcels we used to get sent during WWII from an uncle of Mothers, especially the things that were called "candies". I do not think I ever knew how he ended up in Winnipeg but I remember him coming over after the war - he gave twin and I a large white piece of paper each, with was hastily taken from us. I found out years later that it was a five-pound note!

For years after the war he always sent Mother a fruit cake sealed in a fancy tin for her birthday.

Anyhow, my internet went down after I last posted - just came back and one of my windows [with numerous open tabs, Breedia being one] has gonzo. Had to open another window to get here but I cannot find the other tabs anywhere. Buggrit.

I do not think the last few days have liked me much.
  21. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Good to hear you are both ok and its just a bug.