How is everyone in the current situation? General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Mar 12, 2020.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Same here but mine didn't mention food parcels, :102: basically telling me what i was already well aware of.:021:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Goodness only knows what will be in the food boxes, Juli. They just said essentials so I'm guessing bread, milk, veg etc. I'll let you know when it comes :)
  4. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Did you tick that you had neighbours, family or friends who could shop for you? If you did, they don't bother. We are both on the register and all my neighbours are on similar lockdown - the ones we have as both bungalows next door to us are empty. We don't have family here either so I ticked the box to say no one could shop for us
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    No letters have been received here.
  6. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    I read somewhere yesterday that people were convinced that their microwaves were affecting the t'internet speed at home!
  7. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    In Wales, we're all just about to clap out appreciation for the NHS staff at 8pm.
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Something is really wrong here then, because apart from my internet dropping at times during the day, when there will be people working from home and children having online lessons, I would have expected that from maybe 6pm things would be better. But they are even worse now, and at coming up to 10pm Chrome has gone off more than it has been on, ditto Edge, and only Firefox, which is my main browser, staying on. Apart from the one time my internet dropped and Firefox lost a window when it came back on again.

I only use Edge for a couple of news sites, and Chrome for two sites that are only in Ivrit as Google will automatically translate them into English, and yet I access my Gmail address through Firefox and I have not been able to access any emails on it for most of the day, so I just do not understand it. So far my main email address is, luckily, unaffected. So far...

Oh, and our clocks go forward to night so I will have to change all of them before I do go bed. Not wall clocks though as I can no longer reach them.
  9. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    My wife was telling me of people who have used their own remedies for the CV19 virus, most of them were remedies they had heard about or read up online, one example; taking cocaine.... but the weirdest and most tragic one was a guy who drank fish tank cleaner as a remedy...…… Unfortunately the poor b#gger died... Ermmm… !!!!!!
  10. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    There's also one about drinking diluted bleach. Ye Gods, as if health services around the World haven't enough to contend with at the moment :(
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Linkedin

[​IMG]
  12. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Oops I don’t remember ticking any boxes.
  13. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Anyone considered very high risk gets a letter
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Is that everyone over a certain age? I have read that UK supermarkets have said they will use a government database of 1.5 million vulnerable shoppers to help prioritise delivery slots, but who does the government class as vulnerable, and where do they get the details for their database from?

Things here are registered under our ID numbers, so the National Insurance Institute has all information as to age, whether a person is in receipt of disability pension, etc - even Tikki's microchip is registered with the Ministry of Agriculture under my ID number, as is whether she has had a current rabies shot. Apart from my ID card I have two others issued by the State of Israel, one confirming that I am an OAP [whatever they are called here] which entitles me to discounts on buses, entry to museums etc, and I have not a clue what else, the other one stating that I am registered as disabled.

But I do not think the supermarkets are giving anyone priority for delivery slots - the next available one for my current list being booked for 10 April, and they as I had to give my ID number when registering, if such a scheme were in effect here they would definitely know my situation.
  15. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Those at very high risk
    https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavi.../2020/03/200321_GP-letter_Annex-2_FINAL_2.pdf
  16. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thank you Vee - I would not have known where to look as the media sometimes has contradictory advice.
  18. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    GsdSlave likes this.
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    There is so much fake news and information going about that some people are so scared that they are literally grasping at straws.

There is a good article here https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-51967889 which explains how to stop the spread of

[​IMG]
    Worth a read, I think, although those who need the information will probably not see the article. And that is a rather scary thought.
  20. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Keeping social distancing as instructed...
    [​IMG]
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I am still ill. Feeling very sick, and only able to eat very little, and really tired. I never sleep during daylight hours, but this week have been going for a lie down - and falling asleep. Also started with a UTI - and it was such a job to get a scrip. It was eventually pushed through to Chas via the slit between locked surgery doors. He has been staying up for the dogs last wee to let me get some extra sleep. I don't know what I would do without him. He is also under the weather, but not as bad as me.
    Today he had to stand in a long queue round Tesco's car park to wait his turn for access to the store, as we needed half a dozen items. It was freezing cold today, so it is no wonder the poor old chap is tired out. The hounds are getting a little hyper from time to time, but neither of us feels fit enough to walk them at present. I hope we improve soon.