How much should i be feeding my 12 week old frenchie? (DRY FOOD)

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Mr Noel Doe, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Mr Noel Doe

Mr Noel Doe New Member

Name:
    Noel Doe

How much should i be feeding my 12 week old frenchie? (DRY FOOD)

Hi everyone

Its basically a simple question how much should i be feeding my 12 week old frenchie puppy? We want to feed her dry food so how many grams a day? We have seen as a guidline 300g a day but it seems alot??

Would really appreciate some help

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    All recommended feeding amounts are just guidelines, there are all sorts of things that factor into the eventual size/weight/height, depending on genetics.
    It’s best to go by body condition and not focus on a numbers.
    If from a reputable breeder they should be able to advise you.
  4. ReichertCaleb

ReichertCaleb New Member

Name:
    ReichertCaleb
    Milk: milk is good for puppy health especially the puppy is growing. We can use fresh milk, canned milk or powdered milk mixed with boiling water for puppies or sick children who cannot eat and need to improve their resistance (do not let dogs suffering from intestinal disease to drink milk). Warm milk should be given to a body temperature equal to that of its body.

- Bread: sometimes give food a small amount of shredded bread, cracked biscuits or nutritious flour for children cooked just strangely to help animals eat well and good for the digestive system of things.

- Meat: veal is the best but expensive so you can use cooked pork, beef liver or can use other types of canned meat.

- Chicken, duck: eggs are a source of fat and B vitamins. If the animals eat a lot of eggs, it is best to eat in the form of cooked. Eggshell is a good source of many minerals. Eggshells can be dried, then pounded or ground and mixed into animal daily food.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Cow’s milk is not good for puppies/dogs, if you must give milk, give fresh goats milk as its easier to digest, but once a pup is over 8 weeks I don't think there is really any benefit to adding milk to their diet
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Neither is canned meat unless it is canned dog food, and there is not much nutritional value in shredded bread, for puppies or for children.

Many years ago sick children would sometimes be given buttered bread that had been cut up and soaked in milk, with sugar sprinkled over it, but that was a very long time ago.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I still have bread and hot milk/sugar occasionally.:lol:
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I honestly do not remember ever being given that. Mother's idea of "invalid" food was steamed plaice in milk - in between two enamel plates steamed over a saucepan on the gas. Or - and she would make it for neighbours' children as well - calves foot jelly.
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave likes this.
    Much simpler to feed a proper puppy food and stick to it - or raw feed if that is your preference.
    @Mr Noel Doe As @GsdSlave says, it is better to adjust the recommended quantities to suit your puppy's body shape. Commercial brands nearly always suggest over generous quantities.
    I used to love hot bread and milk - have never had it for decades. In some areas it is called Pobs - I have no idea where that name comes from.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @Malka Thank you. OK, soaked peasebread (ugh!), but still, why call it pobs?
    Sounds as if it could be a Yorkshire thing.
    Sorry again @Mr Noel Doe
  12. MColombo

MColombo New Member

Name:
    Martin
    I am using Royal Canin for Junior French Bulldogs for my 3 month old Frenchie.
    Using this table.

Attached Files: