Frenchie Color Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by The Stick, Sep 14, 2020.

1. The Stick

The Stick New Member

Name:
    Vickii

Frenchie Color

Hi,
    I'm a newbie here, writing from New Zealand & really need some help with Frenchie colors.
    I've been waiting since March for the right puppy. I really really want a red bitch (use to owner boxers so that's where the love of the color comes from) Not to mention a Frenchie is like a boxer in a small package! A bouncing bundle of joy (well maybe not so much bouncing) So many litters I've seen, everything from Brindle to Merle but no reds! ;<

So now my question for you all is .....

A litter was born 5 days ago & they're all Sables! Red & fawn Sables.
    There is one puppy who has a very dark brown/chocolaty coat with a lighter head. I do like this puppy's different color I've never seen it before, however .....
    Will the color change? Will the coat get lighter to match the head?
    Will the coat stay dark?
    What happens with Sable colors?
    The mother is a red fawn
    The father is brown & tan with the 'blue' gene (has had blue litters with other bitches with this gene) but this bitch doesn't have it.
    Can anyone one help? I'll post more info if needed & a picture if I can!
    Many thanks in advance
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jeff Crook

Jeff Crook New Member

Name:
    Jeff
    It is personal preference in my opinion. I own 2 blues that are healthy, many will tell you to only stick with the standard colors only. Either way you go love your puppy it’s the best breed ever.
  4. The Stick

The Stick New Member

Name:
    Vickii
    Thanks for the reply .... nothing wrong with blues, I also love the color, I was just wondering do Sables change as they get older? I like her color now ;>
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mydoglover likes this.
    It is interesting that you say "a Frenchie is like a boxer in a small package" - many years ago I used to breed Griffons and on more than a few occasions when I was out with two or three of them I was always asked what breed the smooth coated one/s were [I had both roughs and smooths]. And I always used to say that she was a miniature Boxer!

Funny thing was that quite a few people actually believed me! :005:
  6. The Stick

The Stick New Member

Name:
    Vickii
    mydoglover likes this.
    Thanks for the reply .... nothing wrong with blues, I also love the color, I was just wondering do Sables change as they get older? I like her color now ;>
    hahahaha! They too are the miniest of boxers! Another breed I love. Big snub nose fan :049:
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Most people only know the rough Griffs but I loved the smooths. None of that hand-stripping, just a quick once over with a baby's hairbrush and a wipe with a chammy.
  8. The Stick

The Stick New Member

Name:
    Vickii
    Smooth all the way! :048:
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    They are nicer to cuddle, too! Except my current little mini booger who only likes to be cuddled by men - little slut!
  10. The Stick

The Stick New Member

Name:
    Vickii
    hahahaha!! A true French tart :lol:
  11. The Stick

The Stick New Member

Name:
    Vickii
    Can't I get my Frenchie :007:
  12. The Stick

The Stick New Member

Name:
    Vickii
    Wait!! I left out ... doh!
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Except she is more German than French, being a Doxie/Minpin little tart! I hasten to add that the girl in my avatar is not her - that one loved her cuddles with me.
  14. The Stick

The Stick New Member

Name:
    Vickii
    European no less! :lol:, cheeky lot!
    Your Avatar looks so sweet ..... waiting at the window for you!?:049:
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    That was my beloved Pereg, looking out of the open doorway watching the world go by. Tikva also does the same but she prefers to sit not lay down, as she is smaller and needs to keep her head higher to see things - my little bungalow being set low down from the road. When Tikki is outside she spends most of the time on her hind legs so she can see more!

Pereg was such a sweet girl - gone far too soon. I will not change my avatar, just as I will not change the wallpaper on my monitor, which is of the girl I had before Pereg. And I am convinced that Pereg sent Tikva to me.
  16. The Stick

The Stick New Member

Name:
    Vickii
    OH my! what a sad (as Pereg is no longer with you) but also such a heart warming & cute story. I totally understand how you feel I was beside myself when Robert (my Boxer) died. Its been over 10 yrs since he passed & we've finally settled back in NZ, can't wait for my new doggie :049::049::049:
    PS I'm sure Pereg sent Tikva to you:)
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pereg was given peace on 1 April 2015 at just six years and three months old [she had epilepsy], and Tikva was born on 15 May 2015. Came to me as an unweaned and unwanted three-week puppy. Definitely sent by Pereg.

I hope you get your new wubble soon, Vikkii :)
  18. The Stick

The Stick New Member

Name:
    Vickii
    Most definitely Pereg's touch:007:

I really really hope its soon too :041::049: Thanks Juli
  19. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Do not forget to keep us updated on all news about your hoped-for puppy, and when you do get her post lots of photographs please! :)
  20. The Stick

The Stick New Member

Name:
    Vickii
    Malka likes this.
    Oh I will! Have no fear about that to the point when you’ll be yelling at me to stop! !!
    I think I just worked out how to upload photos if it works I’m including one of a box full of puppies hopefully one will be mine
    But I’m unsure what colour they’ll turn out to be hence my Original question!
    1 day old and I’ll take em all
    CFD25323-A26D-4122-A9DF-D4CC72DCD0AD.jpeg
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Ah sweet! That's a good sized litter for a FB. Can the breeder not advise you what colour the puppies are likely to finish? I hope one of the Frenchie fans will chip in with their experience.