The people that never come back after they ask a question General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by who owns who, Dec 28, 2020.

1. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    CaroleC likes this.

The people that never come back after they ask a question

Once again I gave someone what I felt was a thoughtful response and it appears they haven’t come back. This is why sometimes I don’t bother. The few of us that are regulars here do have some good advice, some have great links to articles. I find this frustrating, but I will try and offer what knowledgable I’ve gained when I’m moved to do so.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    I noticed this about the place almost immediately too .
    i hear you buddy. I think it’s a sign of the times .
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It's not a sign of the times - it has been like this since as far back as I can remember. Sometimes someone will join Breedia because they have a problem/question and ask for advice. So we help if we can. What can happen can be any of the following:

[1] The new person gets the response that they want and it solves their problem, so they might feel that they have no need to come back. Sometimes indeed they do not even thank the person/s who have given the advice that has helped.

[2] The new person does not get the response that they want, or does not like the response that they get, so they possibly go elsewhere to find a different answer that they do like.

[3] The person is getting/wants to get a new puppy and asks things such as what should they get - what should they expect from whatever breed it is - how big will the puppy get - what should they expect from the breed and suchlike - then the puppy arrives and they are too excited [and/or too busy] to come back and tell us.

[4] They have bought a puppy, post a picture and ask whether this is a pure-bred whatever, or what breed do you think this is - and again either gets the answer they want to hear or they do not like it.

There can be other reasons, but the above are fairly common on Breedia - and no doubt on other dog sites - and all the above are possible reasons why a person never comes back.
  5. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    It’s a sign of the times. Doesn’t matter what the reason is , in times gone by there was more respect and courtesy between people .
    So the amount of people who respond regardless of what the reason would be more .

I’m speaking of years ago , before the internet possibly.

people are morally bankrupt .
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am sorry if you think I am a "know all", but I have been a member of Breedia since the start and I have seen the same things over and over again, so I just stated what I have seen and my opinions as to why these things happen.
  7. Queensland blue

Queensland blue Member

Name:
    S
    Got ya .
    I understood what your perspective may be after I had posted that ,
    And see things from my own .

so it’s my opinion also from my experience over time . Not related to only this forum.
  8. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Whatever the reason, its very off-putting for those that take time to reply.
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I'm afraid it drives me mad too. And how pleasant when someone actually thanks you for your advice.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is even more pleasant and much nicer when people actually stay here after they have been given the advice they sought. Especially when we are shown pictures of their dogs! :)