Did you remember... General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Malka, Mar 28, 2021.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Did you remember...

To put your clocks forward last night? :)

clock.jpg
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Did most of mine before I went to bed last night. Forgot the kitchen clock, but that's no big deal and the car was done today too.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Ours went forward on Thursday night. I only have a couple of clocks now - or rather only a couple in use. Still got all the wall clocks but the batteries ran out of them yonks ago and I cannot reach to get them down.
  5. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Ours happened a couple weeks ago. I never set my clocks back in the fall, so I don't need to set them forward in the spring. Instead, I enjoy that "extra hour" all winter. Check the clock and then realize "oh, I've got another hour". ;)
  6. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I don’t have any clocks in my house except the one in my phone. I did reset the one in my truck a few weeks ago
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hi Marc - how are you feeling now, and have you finished the demolishing yet?
  8. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    I pretty much took 10 days off. Yesterday I worked an hour and got a headache. Ate lunch, took two Tylenol and stretched my neck. Bathed Katie Mae and worked 2 more hours with no headache. Woke up with a small headache and took 2 ibuprofen. Worked two hours only slight headache. Gave Bandit a bath and mopped bathroom afterwards. Having lunch now. Neck is a bit stiff. I’ll stretch and try and finish the demolition. Just 4 walls left. Two 8 foot walls and two 12 foot walls. Should go fast, I’m going to use an old chainsaw. Earlier I was pulling nails out of lumber I want to save and stacking it. Thanks for asking.

I ordered some prescription wraparound sunglasses for driving
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I set my phone and the cooker. Charles set all the clocks and my bedside radio. We have 6 DAB radios which all set themselves, except the little white Smith's beside my bed. (In case you are wondering, that is the kitchen, the living room, the room the dogs sleep in, our bedroom, the garage, and my shed). Chas also has a portable one which he takes when I'm doing what we used to be able to call, 'dogging'.
    The cars are probably OK as they didn't get changed last time.
  10. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Clock in the living room. Clock in the kitchen and two bedside clocks.

Why two in the bedroom - failing eyesight so we have one each near to the beds on either side.

I usually end up forgetting one. This time around it was the kitchen
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Chris - there is only me [Tikva's clock is her tummy] and I have two clocks in the bedroom. An electric clock/radio on one side of the bed and a battery one on the other side!

Oh, and a now non-working wall clock high on the wall above the window.

Carole - six radios? I only have the one in my bedroom but I have never listened to it. I think the television set has radio channels but they would only be local stations - and I can also get some on the computer - but I have no idea what stations.

Marc - I am glad you had a break but please please be careful with the chain saw. Can you wear your old spectacles while using it to save your new ones from possibly being scratched by any flying chips of wood? The prescription sunglasses sound like a good idea - mine are not wrap around but are slightly curved, and with large lenses they do just fine.
  12. who owns who

who owns who Member

Name:
    Marc
    @Malka, My old specs are so damaged from my face hitting the wall that they were causing my eyes to strain. I now have two new pairs so one is for working and the other for not working. I’m a little confused as to the warranty, when I purchased them I was told the lenses could be replaced once during the first year, but when I picked them up I was told twice for two years. With the sunglasses I was told once during first year. I will clarify when I pick up the sunglasses.

I learned how to run a chainsaw when I was a 14 or 15 years old, so have been using them for over 40 years. I have two currently, the bigger one being almost brand new, and the smaller one was given to me by someone who was moving to Hawaii. The small one is what I used for demolition today. All the walls are down, I need to break them into smaller pieces for disposal and save some more of the lumber as well. Unfortunately I have no idea when I’ll be able to work an 8 or 10 hour day. After a late lunch I worked two more hours, with a slight headache still. As of the moment I do not have a headache. I’m supposed to push myself and pay attention to how I feel and see if any of my symptoms reoccur. It’s a balancing act.

The most I’ve been able to work was 5 hours but after a few days of that was when I started to get dizzy and feel off balance again. Last two days I’ve worked about 4 hours a day, with a long lunch break in the middle. My projects will take forever if I can’t work more, so hopefully I slowly add an hour a day, every week, so maybe in a month I can work 8 hours. Or I could be more conservative and add an hour a day every two weeks, so would be up to 8 hours a day in two months. The more conservative schedule is probably the way to go. I don’t want anymore setbacks
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021