Any ideas??? Discussions

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by PJRN007, Apr 24, 2021.

1. PJRN007

PJRN007 New Member

Name:
    Patrick

Any ideas???

Can someone please tell me what this noise is coming from her ear??? The vet thought I was crazy when I inquired about electronic noise being emitted from my dog.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Is this a legitimate question or is it a wind-up?
  4. PJRN007

PJRN007 New Member

Name:
    Patrick
    It’s a legitimate question. I tried to upload a short video I took on my iPhone but this site allows only 1 mb maximum files. I know it sounds ridiculous and the fact I can’t post the video makes it even more suspect. I’m going to try and remove this post before I get hammered with comments.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
  6. PJRN007

PJRN007 New Member

Name:
    Patrick
  7. Chris

Chris Member

Name:
    Chris
    Could there be an insect stuff in there?
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I apologise. I had never come across such a thing and the mention of an electronic noise and your vet seemingly unaware of it, made me try to find a reference to the subject, but without success. Therefore I asked the question in all sincerity. I am sorry if I caused you any distress by doing so.
  9. PJRN007

PJRN007 New Member

Name:
    Patrick
    Please don’t apologize. It’s so crazy that noise is being emitted. It’s only noticeable when she’s sleeping. Thanks to this forum I finally have some info. I’d be happy to share the video with anyone if I could post it here but it exceeds the allowable file size.
  10. PJRN007

PJRN007 New Member

Name:
    Patrick

I posted it as unlisted on YouTube. I don’t know why I didn’t think of YouTube before. You can hear her breathing and the noise as the phone moves closer to her ear.
  11. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    That is so weird!!!

Maybe she's getting Soviet transmissions in her ear like Lucille Ball did with her teeth fillings?? ;)

Seriously, does it bother her at all? The article GsdSlave posted says most people who have it don't hear it themselves.

Time to update your vet on what it is. I suspect they'll be reading up on it.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I could only hear very slight sporadic sounds Patrick, even on full volume, as my speakers are not very good. I replayed the clip a few times but still could not make out much. Were the sounds that you hear connected to the rate of her breathing? As I say, I could only hear sporadic sounds, not a continuous sound, but that could just be my bad speakers.
  13. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    Malka,

it's a really soft high pitched noise. Think a smoke alarm low battery beeping but make it higher pitched and soft enough that you can't hear it unless you put your ear to the device.

It definitely sounds "electronic" and is definitely coming from the ear. I guess the little girl's ear hairs are just vibrating like crazy in there.
  14. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Toedtoes likes this.
    I possibly could hear it better if I put one of the speakers to my ear, but I might still not be able to hear it any better as I have limited hearing at certain frequencies, and as I said, my speakers are not all that brilliant. I will try again but I do not hold out much hope that I will be able to hear it any better.

I feel really bad about querying it with Patrick now.
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Thank you Vee - and Patrick. We learn something new every day.
    Like Malka I struggled to hear anything on the clip, but I also have subnormal hearing. I do suffer from tinnitus and this topic made me attempt to record my own 'noise' this afternoon.
    Nothing at all, as expected.
    I wonder whether your girl hears it as a tinnitus sound?
  16. PJRN007

PJRN007 New Member

Name:
    Patrick
    Toedtoes likes this.
    It doesn’t seem to bother her at all. Tinnitus is awful! My brother struggled with it while in grad school. Maybe I can get a better video clip.
  17. PJRN007

PJRN007 New Member

Name:
    Patrick
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Yes! It’s faint but definitely there. I’m so glad you can hear it too. At first, I thought it was an issue with MY ears until other family members noticed it too.
  18. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Member

Name:
    Toed
    I would have thought that too.

I'm glad she doesn't seem bothered by it. It sounds like it's "normal" and just means she's got good hearing so that's good.

Enjoy your little Electrolux Diva. :)
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Toedtoes likes this.
    Just tried again and I heard it!
    A faint white noise sound - like an off-station radio tuner.
  20. CapitanJackSparrow

CapitanJackSparrow New Member

Name:
    E
    Wow! dang! I heard it! thats nuts!