Keeshond Discussions

Discussion in 'Keeshond' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Keeshond

Keeshond
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. shonedek

shonedek New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Keeshonds are very good for family life and love kids.They are an easy going breed but do need daily brushing.these photos are copyright to shonedek keeshonds.www.shonedek.co.uk

[​IMG]
    This puppy is of the dog above(standing on the green flooring) at 6 weeks old
  4. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Great pics Shonedek :)
  5. katyb

katyb New Member

Name:
    Katy
    can you tell us a bit about the breed as i had never heard of it before
  6. Hevvur

Hevvur New Member

Name:
    Heather
    Gorgeous dogs!
    I've never heard of the breed before, either.
  7. shonedek

shonedek New Member

They used to be called the Dutch Barge dog as their job involved guarding the barges in Holland. They belong to the spitz family .They are about the size of a Lab with a double coat and a tail that is curled over their back.When the puppies are born they are almost black and there markings dont really develop till there 6 months when you can start to see the harness markings(shoulder).Mine love water and will swim happily in the sea.They are fantastic with the family and are very keen to please.They will guard you and your home.

The puppy picture now added is of the Kees on the green flooring,and she is 6 weeks old
  8. angelmist

angelmist New Member

Name:
    Kate
    Hi just seen this thread and was well chuffed as I have just recently discovered them and am keen to learn more about them, any information on this breed would be great. Just out of interest how much does this breed tend to go for in this country as all the websites I can find are American.
  9. keesy8

keesy8 New Member

Name:
    Karin
    Hi Keeshond are the most fantastic breed ever but then I am bias I have 8 of them.
    [​IMG]
    this is my granddaughter which I think shows what a Keeshonds temperament is like.
  10. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Great pic Karin - Keeshonds seem a lot bigger than I imagined! :)
  11. keesy8

keesy8 New Member

Name:
    Karin
    My Kees that I breed are top standard the bitch with Chenelle is top standard but that is only a good 17" at the shoulder.
    My big dog is 18 in at the shoulder but they look bigger because of all the hair.
  12. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    It's true, stand a Keeshond next to an Elkhound and you would say they were the same size but the Elk is a good deal heaver and taller than the Keeshond but the Keeshond coat is a stand off coat the Elks being a tight blazer.

Although at first glance they may look simular they are very different apart from size the Keeshond is far more biddable than the Elk although they are still a Spitz with the Spitz confidence and self will.
  13. keesy8

keesy8 New Member

Name:
    Karin
    We find that people think we have a long coated Elkhound when they see the Kees.
    There are definately differences between the two
  14. Minnie

Minnie New Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I am really pleased to see this thread! My aunt used to have 2 Keeshonds and I am talking back in the mid 80's here so some time ago. I don't think I have seen another one till now!

They really are super dogs :grin:
  15. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    There is a lady at the training classes that we go to who has Keeshonds they seem lovely dogs I like their charater, any one got any on here at the moment?? Love to see and hear about them.
  16. keesy8

keesy8 New Member

Name:
    Karin
    I have Kees, they are the most loyal breed and adore people
  17. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    Thanks :grin: not seen them as small puppies before - very cute, and loads of very useful info on your ste.
  18. Tulsi

Tulsi New Member

Name:
    Tulsi
    CaroleC likes this.
    Keeshonds are one of my fave breeds. I have never owned one but have always appreciated them.