Newfoundland Discussions

Discussion in 'Newfoundland' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Losos

Losos New Member

Name:
    Harvey
    Well, as I said in posts 2 & 11 I have now got myself a digital camera and even learned how to use it:roll: so here's a shot of our two Rianna (On the left, head down) and Baruska (aka Bara) on the right.
    [​IMG]
    And one of Rianna resting
    [​IMG]

Sorry the quality poor, and composition rubbish but I hope to improve over time, hope you like them.:)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. boobah

boobah New Member

Name:
    lorraine
    hi all you crazy newf owners my mums got one she is nelsons mum on the forum.Dont know about yours but he is absolutely nuts,has a mind of his own. Pins my mum to the chair when he is feeling amorous to say its funny is the least. Have to say all the dogs i have seen are gorgeous and a credit to you all cheers for sharing the pics.
  4. zoeybeau1

zoeybeau1

Name:
    Toni
    we used to have one when i was gowing up,he was a rescue some one took him to our vet and told him to put him down he was too big,so we took him,he used to sit in the horses bath of water, in the summer and was so cuddley,:grin: he was brown and we called him ben,and got him castrated he died at 12 years old his legs went from under him,and his heart gave out,but he was lovely :grin: :grin:
  5. boobah

boobah New Member

Name:
    lorraine
    My mums boy Nelson was 10 on saturday he shares the same birthday as myself.Yes he did get a piece of birthday cake,i'll see if i can get her to post some pics of him for you all.
  6. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

All your dogs are just wonderful! :grin:
  7. -GreyhoundGirl-

-GreyhoundGirl- New Member

Name:
    GreyhoundGirl
    Stunning newfies! :D

Haha, for comic effect I'll note the number of times Jenny's been mistaken for a newfie... lmao!

Newfie is the most common thing my 25 lb, 18 1/2 inch at the shoulder, short coated, skinny, deep-chested, ears folding back, white chested, long nosed, small liped whippet/grey is mistaken for... lmao! I get a kick out of it! :p
  8. Losos

Losos New Member

Name:
    Harvey
    Hi Greyhoundgirl
    That is pretty amazing, OK you are in Canada where Newfies originated*

Still you have to wonder at people if they can be that wrong about a dog breed:roll:

Fact is, non dog owners are usually very naive about dogs, they tend to know only how the media and TV/films show them.:-(

* According to my reading the actual origin is not certain. What is certain is that they were used extensively by Newfoundland fishermen and also in logging operations in Canadian forrestry work.
  9. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    As I have just put this on to Photobucket for another forum, YO Photographer, I thought I would post it here too, an elderly Newfoundland lady and my name sake Pita.

[​IMG]
  10. HannahCB

HannahCB New Member

Name:
    Hannah
    oh how gorgeous thats such a wonderful pic
  11. ShaynLola

ShaynLola New Member

Name:
    Jules
    Just beautiful :)
  12. Galaxybears

Galaxybears New Member

Name:
    Shelley
    I have owned Newfies for 13 years, so I thought I would put a couple of photos on of my lot.

This is Bronte doing her Rudolf impression, my special first brown girl (she is sadly no longer with us)
    [​IMG]

This is Honey, Kitten and Molly. Molly is no longer with us, she was 12 in June 2008, but she had to be pts in Sept.
    [​IMG]

Molly
    [​IMG]

Kitten the wussy lump!! He is our only male
    [​IMG]

Honey (she is Kitten's sister)
    [​IMG]
  13. Losos

Losos New Member

Name:
    Harvey
    Shelley, what lovely dogs, but of course I'm biased having two ourselves !!

How do you deal with the 'walkies' ? Do you take them all together or in 'shifts' !!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 7, 2009
  14. Galaxybears

Galaxybears New Member

Name:
    Shelley
    Sorry were you speaking to me... Only my name is Shelley so I'm not sure!!

If you are, we used to take our first two (Molly and Bronte) out together most of the time, though not always so that they got used to being apart. The younger two (Honey and Kitten) don't often go out together as Honey can be a bit of a pain in the bum, and if she starts being stupid Kit joins in.... And he is way to strong for that!

The funny thing about walking our two browns separately is that people think it is the same dog... Even though Honey is small for a bitch, and Kitten is a huge lump!
  15. Losos

Losos New Member

Name:
    Harvey
    Sorry. I have edited my post now.

They are amazingly strong dogs, I can only just hold our two if they get it in their minds to take off after a cat or something and I often resort to sitting on the ground feet forward and even then they can pull me (But not very far :lol: ) Fortunately 99% of our walks are in the forrest where they can run free.