Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer Discussions

Discussion in 'Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer' started by Discussion Thread, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Discussion Thread

Discussion Thread New Member

Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer

Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2007
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. davidmh

davidmh New Member

Name:
    David
    h4nny likes this.
    The Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer is an all round (HPR) gundog. The breed originated from Czechoslovakia after the second world war. It is an amalgamation of three breeds - the Ceskey Fousek (a type of griffon), the Weimaraner and the German Wirehaired Pointer. The breed is on the imported register at the Kennel Club (at the time of writing there are about 130 in the UK) and, as yet has no KC breed standard so cannot be shown here.(It will have to be Europe then!).

Purdey is 11 months old. She is great fun. She is keen to please, affectionate, laid back, easy to train and has a sense of humour. She quite clearly "plays the fool" at times - delighting in the reaction she gets. She is also a tough, brave and energetic (but manageable) dog. Great fun and, importantly, Sarika's best mate. As with the HWVs I have no problem recommending the breed.

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

and

[​IMG]

Regards,

David:lol:
  4. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    She is adorable. i`m definately making note of this breed.
  5. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    i love this breed, I have a friend who is desperate for one, she has 2 HV.... we first saw them at a champ show last yr (they where not showing) and thats where we fell in love witht hem.
  6. Munsti-Sue

Munsti-Sue New Member

Name:
    Sue
    Slovaks seem like nice dogs. First encountered the breed at the CLA Fair, Belvoir Castle back in 2005, again at the CLA down in Romsey last year and recently at the Dogs Day at Westonbirt Arboretum back in Feb.

Whats the view of placing them in none shooting homes providing they are worked in some form?

[​IMG]
    2 SRHP and my then 15wk old Small Munster in the HPR parade at Belvoir Castle, 2005
  7. scorpio

scorpio Member

Name:
    Sheree
    I've found my next breed :shock: :grin:

I think they are adorable, but I expect they are very hard to find.

Did you breed your girl David?
  8. davidmh

davidmh New Member

Name:
    David
    And another Purdey pic, it is all in the eyes!

[​IMG]

and Max reckons that, as a bald bichon who knows some gundogs quite well, he deserves his place here too (this was taken a few months ago).

[​IMG]

Regards
    David:grin:
  9. Het

Het New Member

Name:
    Heather
    :grin: Shes beautiful! The eyes look very 'Weimaranerish, is that just how it comes out in the pics or are they really like that? also the coat colour looks the same gunmetal colour. Its not a breed I have ever seen in real life but after seeing your girl I would love to meet one. Also a big fan of WHVs, saw a beautiful pair at a Champ show once and have never forgotten them, very striking!!!!! Definitely one I would like to own in the future

Thanks for the pics, great to see them
  10. welikeart

welikeart New Member

Name:
    celticat
    Great pics, beautiful dogs.

Another new breed on me, hope to meet one at one of the shows so I can get some pics for our cards, someone always wants the breed you dont have in you collection! LOL

What colours do they come in please?

Thanks for sharing.

Debs
  11. eskababe

eskababe New Member

Name:
    pixie
    I have a slovakian rough haired pointer puppy, she is 12 weeks old, the pick of the litter & a real beautiful princess. I could be reluctantly looking for a good home for her soon, one of my other dogs will not take to her at all. She has her second injections tomorrow. I would only let her go to the right home.
  12. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    I saw a pic of one of these pups awhile ago on another forum!! And I thought they were gorgeous:roll: (not unusual for me though!!) They are definately going on the wish list!!:lol: When I can afford one that is!!
  13. rachelsetters

rachelsetters New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    h4nny likes this.

I think you probably need to let the breeder know of any issues and if you may need to part as I'm sure the breeder will happily take her back if pick of the litter etc. - or are you the breeder?
  14. eskababe

eskababe New Member

Name:
    pixie
    Thank you for your post, no I am not the breeder. It was a stud fee situation so the breeder had to give the pick of the litter to the stud dog owner, who then sold her to me. I would want a good home from home situation, not for her to be put in a large kennel situation again. She is now used to home comforts & I think that would be detremental to her.
  15. spettadog

spettadog

Name:
    Annie
    Hello there

Ive always found it take a while for dogs to integrate so dont worry too much at the moment. When I introduced my last Bracco pup into the pack they all absolutely hated her. She's settled in fine now and although the oldies cant be bothered at times with her, she is very happy and contented.

This breed is absolutely beautiful. Its a breed that I'll be watching with interest in the future. They are simply stunning. I do hope you dont have to part with her.

Kind regards
    Spettadog
  16. spettadog

spettadog

Name:
    Annie
    And I see 2 bracco italiano in the background. That's my breed. Wonderful dogs!!!!

Kind regards
    Spettadog
  17. eskababe

eskababe New Member

Name:
    pixie
    :grin: Well, good news I am happy to say. I got in a professional dog trainer to help with my situation & am reassured that in time things will be fine. There is improvement already & the pack are getting sorted. :smt041 My puppy Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer is now 13 weeks old & a real beautiful princess. I would insert a picture but am new to this & dont, as yet know how to :neutral:
  18. spettadog

spettadog

Name:
    Annie
    Am absolutely delighted. It does take time but I know what its like when things arent going well, you kinda panic.

What kind of dogs do you have?

Annie
  19. eskababe

eskababe New Member

Name:
    pixie
    I have a 12 year old Weimaraner, who is pack leader of the dogs. I have a Staffordshire Bull Terrier who is 6 years old & my S.R.H.P. puppy.

I have had Weimaraners for 17 years & love the breed.
    The puppy is learning all the time, she is naturally a very respectful, submissive dog anyway which helps so much. She is also very quick to learn everything & so pretty.

Dawn
  20. perrodeagua

perrodeagua New Member

Name:
    Diane
    Any working photo's of them? I should really put photo's of my dogs doing their gundog work, I will eventually!
  21. spettadog

spettadog

Name:
    Annie
    I was at a weim show on Sunday and there was a little Slovakian Rough Haired Pointer puppy there. She was absoutely adorable. 14 weeks old. I wonder if she is from the same litter.

I was told that they will be going on to the Import Register in January when the Bracco and SWD comes off. Is that right? There is seemingly an Interim Breed Standard at the moment.

This is definitely a breed worth watching. Absolutely stunning and this wee one had such a good nature. Although Stella my Bracco youngster told it off (unlike her!) because it was being too pushy. I thought the wee thing had been tortured!!!! I felt awful. All that Stella did was nudge it out the way!!!!

Lovely dogs.

Spettadog