Colours/ Markings (Bcs)etc General Chat

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by mishflynn, Sep 7, 2007.

1. TBBS

TBBS New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    My favourite colour BC is blue/white, but I also like slate merles, ee-red/white or a nicely marked black/white. I like a nice wide blaze that goes all the way through to a white collar the whole way around, white front legs and white upto the hocks on the back legs and enough white on the end of the tail to see it, but not so much that it's nearly half the tail, but I sometimes like mismarks, I also like speckled noses and legs. Merles I prefer to not have big dark patches.
    I haven't got a preference for coat type, I can see the positive and negative in both rough and smooth.
    Ear carriage, I personally like tipped ears or small erect ears.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. AliceandDogs

AliceandDogs New Member

Name:
    Alice
    Aww thankyou, you're dogs are absolutely stunning, I love to see pictures of them working.

I prefer rough coated, and ears that stick up and then flop at the top, there's a word for it but I don't know what it is :blush:
  4. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    My only preference is that they are not bald :smt005
    Long coat, short coat, any colours, I love `em all :grin:
  5. Jules1

Jules1 New Member

Name:
    Julie
    I don't really have a favourite colour. Not keen on mostly whites or merles though. Although the Blue Tri merles are stunning.
    If i had to choose a colour it would have to be a traditional Tri with lots of brown.
  6. Patch

Patch New Member

Name:
    Patch
    Oi :shock: I don`t have enough hands to cover all my white Collies` eyes to stop them seeing that comment :smt019 :smt003
  7. willowish

willowish New Member

Name:
    Gillian
    So long as there collies I dont mind. I actually own a blue merle, a tri, a blue and white and 3 black and whites so only need a red and white and a red merle and an ee red and and and ........... LOL

[​IMG]
  8. bluemerle lover

bluemerle lover New Member

Name:
    jen
    I love collies no matter what there colouring is or coat they are all so beautiful in there own way:grin: everyones pics of there babes are all so gorgeous:grin:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and the new addtitions:grin:
  9. AliceandDogs

AliceandDogs New Member

Name:
    Alice
    Oh wow, they are so gorgeous! BC puppies actually are the sweetest little things.
  10. mishflynn

mishflynn

Name:
    Mish
    This is the sort of face marking i LOVE on merles!

Your Pups are LOVELY!!!!!!:grin:

The top pic is the one i like!
  11. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member

Name:
    tracey
    they are all lovely stunning i have a passion for black and white merle and speckled ones like these two

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] the lovely girl that started my border collie crush
  12. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    My fave has to be red merle followed by red tri (although i'm not keen on red and white!) and rough/long coated.

I'm not keen on sable or saddle patterned neither but I love dark tri's and coats with lots of ticking/mottling as well.

Jed is a tri but his tan bits are very pale and brindled which is clearer on his legs. The majority of him is black.
  13. AlbionLass

AlbionLass New Member

Name:
    Mandy
    I like classically marked, medium coated (not really heavy coated like many NZ and Aus dogs) black and white, tri and red and white.
    I don't like too wide a blaze or for the white to go right over the head and I prefer a full collar.
    That's just an ideal though, in reality I'd be far less picky, health and personality would come way higher on my list if I were choosing a dog.
  14. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member

Name:
    tracey
    [​IMG]
    all the dogs are stunning ,mine dylan is blue merle with small amount of tri willow not sure if she is full collie but she has fantastic markings blue merle on her back black and white and tri plus dapples
  15. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member

Name:
    tracey
    [​IMG]

our lovely dylan love this dog to bits so proud of him :roll:
  16. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    I love a rough coated tri, with lots of black and very distinct tan, minimal white. Second I love a classic rough coated black and white.

This is the sire of my pup that I will be importing in 09.
    Isn't he yummy!
    [​IMG]

I'm not a big fan of Merles (even though my last two dogs were Merles) I'm VERY picky about my merling patterns, I like distinct patches with vibrant color. I'm not a fan of the short coated collies either. I wouldn't mind a red tri, but I'm not big on the red and white collies either.

I'm a bit picky!
  17. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    Now tell me how could you not love this face​

[​IMG]
  18. queenwillow

queenwillow New Member

Name:
    tracey
    he is yummy stunning very cute :roll: i love the above lol and the one above dylan but then he lives with me lol ;-)
  19. Kicks

Kicks New Member

Name:
    Hazel
    simply stunning! what kennel/lines is he from?
  20. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    [​IMG]
    This is Glen, my first ever doggie. He was your standard B/W collie, with whitw collar, chest and 4 white socks. When I came to Orkney and was looking for a new dog, I think I may have been looking unconsciously for a duplicate, but I ended up with this lad, standard B/W again, but very ticked and spotty!
    [​IMG]
    Kali Kolsson
    Of course, like a good malt whisky, one leads to another, so along came the Snorri-dog, almost identical to his bruncle Kali.........
    [​IMG]

I went on holiday once to the island of Islay, to visit the distilleries. The perennial question was "Which do you like best?", to which I developed the answer "Whichever I'm drinking at the time!", so I'll have to re-jig it for BC types! I like them all!

Snorri
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2008
  21. Snorri the Priest

Snorri the Priest New Member

Name:
    Thorgrim Thorgrimsson
    Sorry about there being a pic missing from the above, but for some reason best known to itself, Photobucket is farting about. The UBB code is OK, but Photobucket is not playing the game. Click the link to see the pic.

Snorri
    :evil: