2 irish staffy bitches - what to expect? Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by jenks, Mar 9, 2008.

1. sky_high_bluest

sky_high_bluest New Member

Name:
    dave
    this I know but I wouldn't touch such a breeder with a ten foot pole! this is just my opinion! I think it's a lot for a 7 year old dog to go through.

once again this is a thread for advice about keeping 2 litter sisters together lets get back to that now:grin:

once again offence?? none ment and none taken ;-)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    sorry once again his words not mine!:roll: lol

lets get back to the point of this thread now;-)

mmmmmmm I wonder why I haven't been here for a while lol
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Of course I havent taken offence :001: just an exchange of opinions.
  5. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Of cause you are , just like the res tof us!!

Unfortunately breeding to standard is not a requirement of the KC, as long as a dog of A breed fits the required criteria ..i.e age/number of litters.... the KC will register all litters...we ontl have to look at the poor quality of many dogs of many breeds to see this. The KC , does not check up on every litter that is registered, to make sure they are following "type" in a breed.

What I said, is Irish Staff is a name people use as a guise to cover the illegal pitbull.... as well as the Staffie X, so in that we both agree.

I dont think I called them all pits?? but "type! and Xbreeds.

What I said was, they are NOT Staffordshire Bull Terriers, as this is a breed apart form all these Types!!

You stated all these "types" are SBT , and in this YOU are completely wrong....
  6. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    thats your opinion mate and good luck to you! but as I stated before I don't comment on the Lineage of dogs I don't know all I know is the background of my dog and that of a few other dogs I know and I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt that they are 100% staffordshire bull terrier.

quote "I dont think I called them all pits?? but "type! and Xbreeds."

quote from earlier post
    "Aren't Irish staffs Pit Bulls?

your answer"Yes sadly, just another name to hide the "pitbull" or pit X behind"

quote "You stated all these "types" are SBT , and in this YOU are completely wrong.."

again a quote from yourself "Sorry but you are wrong, Irish Staff/Old tyme Staff/Romany staff, are all staffy "TYPE" "

if you are calling them staffy TYPE why are they not staffys??

because when a dog is called pit bull TYPE it is treated as a pit bull????:shock:
    so whats the differance??:?
  7. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    The reason they are not Staffies is simple, they are Xbreeds... a SBT is what it says it is a dog breed to the same breed...

A type is a dog of any given breed bred to something that is NOT the same breed, results in a x breed.

If as you say your dogs are 100% SBT , then they can not be Irish/ Old Tyme or Romany Staffies.

And please can you stop calling me MATE!!!
  8. Sarah27

Sarah27 New Member

Name:
    Edna
    Oh yeah, that's right. I think I read or heard they call them that because pits get brought into the UK through Ireland.
  9. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    :lol:
    lol I called you MATE!!! once me old China! :lol:

the point I was trying to make is that you are commenting on dogs that you have no Idea about the breeding behind and dismissing them out of hand! I do agree there are lots of cross breeds being passed off as staffs and pits alike! But that isn't true of all the dogs that use these names (Romany, Irish, old tyme).:)

Sarah very very few if any true pit bulls have come through Ireland it's a running joke with the dog fighting scumbags in Ireland that the Majority of idiots who wanted these type of dogs and paid ridiculous amounts to get them from Ireland are walking the streets with rescue dogs from shelters in Ireland. The Irish keep the real pits for themselves! (not as stupid as they are portrayed!) all this information can be found on the internet and not just by reading tabloids and watching sh*ty TV documentaries!;-)

Once again this is a thread about what to do if you have been daft enough to buy two litter sisters! lol no offence ment! can we please get back to that.
    this is going to be my last post on the subjects "what is or isn't a Saff" "what is or isn't a pit bull" and " if there is any real pit bulls left in this country!"
    lol so let this be an end to it!

so. . . . . . .
    sorry to the member who started this thread
    sorry to Azz
    sorry to Dogsey
    sorry to anybody I have upset by calling them MATE!!!
    sorry for any spelling mistakes
    infact sorry to everybody except sh*ty TV doc's and tabloids!
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2008
  10. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    I have such sympathy with those who own, and love Staffordshire Bull Terriers bred to the standard by breeders who have done their best to produce dogs with type, character and correct temperament.

First they had to put up with all and sundry breeding them crossed with goodness knows what and second, because someone somewhere decides the could improve on the original they cross breed and out breed to produce something that in no way resembles a Staffordshire Bull Terrier and then insist on calling them by a name they have no right to and insist that by sticking something in front of it like Romany, Irish, old tyme as if that makes it ok.

If people wish to produce these long legged bull types fair enough but why call them Staffordshire BT’s when they a nothing like one.

The so called Irish Staffordshire Bull Terriers are not Pit Bulls but a good number of Pit Bulls are called ISBT because Irish Staffordshire Bull Terriers have been bred so far from the original Staffie standard that they resemble Pit Bulls more than Staffies.

Well away from the first post but I have already answered that.
  11. sky_high_bluest

Name:
    dave
    lol I was almost tempted to go onto the defensive again but I resisted lol!
  12. jenks

jenks New Member

Name:
    colin
    ok knock knock. ill tell u wot first bit of trouble me uncle gets a sister but who first cum up with the word irish staffordshire.
  13. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
  14. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: too
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
  16. Malady

Malady

Name:
    T
    Is it a game :?: :lol:
  17. Pita

Pita New Member

Name:
    Jackie or Jay
    May be we need a few drinks to understand and if it is a game we had better think up some rules :001:
  18. scruffydog

scruffydog New Member

Name:
    saz
    i always thought that irish ones were just blue staffies.

i would never get two female siblings, when they reach maturity they will both be of the same size age and strengh and will have a lot of trouble with the heairacy(sp) because of this.

a responsible breeder would know this and not let you have 2 pups let alone them being the same sex!

and i would deffinatly change your vet he hasnt a clue.
  19. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona

im so glad someone said it before me,, I have always been lead to believe thats the case,,,there was a programe on tv about it not so long ago,,,
  20. bajaluna

bajaluna

Name:
    Jayne
    staffs are one of the founding breeds for pits I think xx
  21. bajaluna

bajaluna

Name:
    Jayne
    what the heck does that mean,ive been away a while but thas a new one on me:lol: :lol: :lol: