Lets see your Lurchers!! Photos

Discussion in 'Lurcher Forum' started by Razcox, Jul 10, 2008.

1. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel

Lets see your Lurchers!!

Well as there was a hound thread for greyhounds i thought it was time the lurchers had a turn! Also there was another thread on her asking about lurchers so lets have a few examples shall we.

Now most of these pics have been on here before some where but here we go. Here is Cassie. . .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. juliekelham

juliekelham

Name:
    julie
    cassie is a stunner
  4. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Sadie:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And being roody doody!
    [​IMG]
  5. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Thank you! We love her to bits and can't believe what must have happened in her life. Poor mite was a nervous wreck when we got her. She is much better now and not everything pole like is a Cassie wolloping stick anymore. :lol:

She does still have a HUGE phobia of cardboard even small boxes like the ones pizza is deliveried in. They are all out to kill her it seems :shock:
  6. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Shes lovely and you can see the GSD and maybe a bit of staffy in there as well. . .

Ours is Collie, greyhound with a bit of EBT. The top pic with the ribbon you can really see the EBT in her nose.
  7. Sez & Amber

Sez & Amber New Member

Name:
    Sez
    We think Amberella has a bit of GSD, whippet and staffie in there. Does that make her a lurcher?
    She has some very whippet-like poses, and runs with her bum tucked underneath her, which I was told is quite typical of whippets. She also does the classic "cockroach" pose with her legs in the air while she sleeps!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  8. juliekelham

juliekelham

Name:
    julie
    lovely dogs,my friends got a deerhound cross and hes stunning with a lovely naturehe runs rings round my dogs
  9. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    What is a lurcher? Is more of a type than a breed? x
  10. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I think lurcher is type not a breed
  11. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    A lurcher is a type not a breed, its anything crossed with a sighthound that still has a athlectic build.

The most commom at the moment seem to be Bedlington crossed with Whippet, collie crossed with a greyhound and Staffy crossed with greyhounds.
  12. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel

She looks to me like a straight staffy cross whippet. Love the ears! :mrgreen:

I do like the brindle colour, makes them look like little tiggers!
  13. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Why on earth would u cross a staffy with a greyhound? :roll:
    I dont mean u personally lol x
  14. juliekelham

juliekelham

Name:
    julie
    origanally for working
  15. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    Oh so it had like a proper purpose? I thought rachel meant people were just doing it for money sorry x
  16. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    LOL! Yeah people bred staffy with greyhounds for the greater depth in chest and more powerful jaws. The larger bones make them hardy as well, as greyhounds do have very fine bone structures.

They were used for work with larger quarry such as foxes and bagers. They are still popular with a certain crowd that go after foxes and in Ireland they are used on deer as well.
  17. Sez & Amber

Sez & Amber New Member

Name:
    Sez
    The staffy in them may also make them a little shorter than a greyhound or whippet but seems to make them flipping heavy! :shock: Ella hasn't gotten as tall as we thought she would, and she looks deceptively slender with quite long legs, but she weighs a flipping tonne! And when you bash heads with her, it's always the human who ends up with a bruise or a bloody nose, and not a bump on the dog :roll:
    I'd much rather have my friend's pure-bred whippet climb all over me anyday!
  18. Jem

Jem New Member

Name:
    Jemma
    I learn summat new everyday i'll irratate kev with that info later :lol:
  19. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    A Lurcher is a sight hound crossed with a working dog (usually) ie a Collie, GSD etc.
    A Long dog is a sight hound crossed with a sight hound.
    Here is my Long dog; Greyhound X Saluki;
    Mo

[​IMG]
  20. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Shes lovely! The greyhound genes seemed to have dominated with her.
  21. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Cassie has some EBT in her that makes her a bit heavy and she has quite a thick skull as well. She ran into a gate at full speed just after xmas (she was after a rabbit) and opened all her cheek. It was a horrible gash but she was lucky that was all that happened, the gate had a dent where she hit it! Thank god for her thick skull, she was still looking around for the rabbit after it happened! We had to grab her quick as she was trying to figure out how to get over the fence while blood was pouring down her face :shock: