NI/Ute Health Problems Health

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by Jo_W, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Louise13

Louise13 New Member

Name:
    Louise
    I think its called..

"can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen"

But its more...

When faced with people telling the truth and faced with real pedigrees showing such bad practices..that you can't refute them so you stay away
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    I was going to post this exact same thing... the original dogs that show up again and again on everyones pedigrees are all long gone... so how is it going to prove anything. Only that everyones NI`s are related to everyone elses.:shock:
  4. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    It will show that a specific dog has a specific sire and dam if they are also tested. It will also prove that if you have more than one sire in a litter (done in the states now frequently) which puppies have which sire.
  5. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

There's no chance of my getting hold of Loki's parents. :evil: However, I did hope that DNA profiling would give a strong indication of siblings/relatives. It is not conclusive as in parental analysis but it can give an indication:

http://www.cellmark.co.uk/dna_testing/sibling_dna_testing.php
  6. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Afternoon Dawn. A question, who would you suggest holds the results of these DNA results? It seems that no-one trusts anyone on here.
  7. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Afternoon.

The kennel club do I think Effes. Like they hold the database for all microchips.
  8. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Yep, they do. DNA can be used for ID as well, as Dawn says, like microchips.

However, I mentioned before that if you request a copy of the full profile they will send one to you. So they have a copy and so do you. You can also give a copy to your breed club or anyone else you want to see it.
  9. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Even if the breed isn't registered with them? My fella is micro-chipped, but the details aren't held by the KC.
  10. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Sorry to interrupt again. I have had my Utonagan profiled and they do keep the details. You can ask for a copy of the full profile, as I mention above.
  11. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    If he was done by one of the recognised chipping companies he was. I do microchipping with "pet detect" chips, its Petlog, owned by the KC that hold the database.
  12. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I have to say.. I found the outing of health issues over the road a bit ... well where are they.. with comments like all will be revealed soon..:roll:

have I missed said revelations? or are we still waiting.., have they been added to another thread over the road and I have missed them?

again...my head hurts
  13. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    Sorry for being dumb, but where is this road that you speak of, and how do I get across it?
  14. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    I don`t think anything else has been mentioned.. last i read.. some NIS embossed peds are going to be shown.. but that`s about inbreeding, heard nothing more about specific health probs... only the ones already on display.
  15. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    To be perfectly honest, whats there is enough for me!:shock:
  16. kcjack

kcjack New Member

Name:
    Julia
    I think some people are full assigned sheep so far down the road of JK cant see them seeing the light so they choose to cop out my saying not reading the thread so dont know.

Dawn it would be great if someone like you was in charge as I feel you are very honest and fair and not directly involved, although doubt you would wany to bein charge of new federation. You and Patch would be great.
  17. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    yes the pedigrees say so much....

but I was led to believe that owners of dogs with health issues were going to come out and admit it.... or did I pick it up wrong?
  18. Efes123

Efes123 New Member

Name:
    Phil
    The pedigrees seem to show that there has been significant inbreeding, but that's all they show.

The only attempt I've seen on here on a poll of owners on health issues showed that there was very little health problems
  19. Wolfie

Wolfie New Member

Name:
    Corrie
    Regarding the DNA profiling, I do think it's a good idea. Although it proves parentage, that alone can irrefutabley prove that any pup that developes any heireditary illness CAN WITHOUT DOUBT be linked back (but only if the parents are also DNA profiled)

Therefore, any arguments about doctored pedigrees can be proven one way or another ;-)
  20. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Well perhaps a few are just a little bit afraid to come forward!

Wolfie doesnt want people to know how her dog died, thats fine, but doesnt help with peoples suspicions does it? A puppy died with bleeding into its joints and developed huge lumps (heamatomas) and then was PTS of a "blood disorder" specific to her, its just to happens those are CLASIC symptoms of Von Willebrands and other clotting disorders KNOWN to exist in the NI and Ute.

I think you are just grasping now, you need to stop and think about the problems here, those in charge and the possible reasons why many wont say a word!
  21. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Who has died?:-(