Vet advice on VWD Health

Discussion in 'Northern Inuit Dog' started by claudeen, Sep 19, 2008.

1. velvetvampyre

velvetvampyre

Name:
    Not for the likes of you lot
    Go chat with some else lol...I'm not chatting with you....you deleted me off your facebook for asking questions regarding NI's ....You've still got a strop on for not winning in a calendar photo competition. .I have no air for you let alone typing any more. Whoosh!!! If only there was a delete button on here and I'm sure many would agree.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I still ask the question, why are NID breeders testing for VWD? Is it because it has come up in some of the dogs or is it simply to be sure that the dogs, (as they are reported to have GSD in their origins), may have it and some breeders being contientious want to be sure their own dogs are clear before they breed? (Assuming if the results come back positive:shock: , they do not breed of course:shock: )
    An answer may ease the minds of caring puppy owners like Valerie, who obviously wants peace of mind.
  4. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Lol. You will find there is a block button.

If you honestly think I care about winning a photo competition. Well!!!!

Sorry to dissapoint you but I have much higher aims than something like that!!!!!
  5. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    I can vouch for that. Now Jane, I know you don't like to brag, but I know your girlie did extremely well in the other weekend xxxxxxx What did she excel in???? Xxxxxx

Well done you and girlie xxxxxx
  6. velvetvampyre

velvetvampyre

Name:
    Not for the likes of you lot
    I honestly don't know....It's never been brought to my attention as for my breeder she's had no reason to tell me, simply because its not there. Why would I put a little pup through having its mouth cut to watch the blood drain...slowly or quickly...now THAT doesn't make sense. No one wants problems but if there are then deal with them when they come...I'm talking about anything not just breeding problems. Enjoy your pup...dont make out you know it all and want to look good doing tests...its like people are eagar to find a problem...sorry this isn't directed at you werewolf :grin:
  7. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    And it wasn't jumping over a few jumps, pretending:roll: at agility!!!
  8. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Thanks Nes xxx

Sacha won her first agility competition at her last show. She had places before but never first. I was very proud of her :grin: :grin:
  9. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Hi Velvetvampyre,
    We all love our dogs, faults and all (as we humans also have). I think there must be a reason for breeders to be testing for VWD. I wish I knew that reason. As you have said, tests that are not needed may cause discomfort to ones dog. That is another reason why I believe that breeders who do do such tests, will do so for a good reason.
    I really hope that Valerie has got her wires crossed ref this and that the breeder in question can clarify this mix up and everyone can restassurred that their dogs are not at risk.
  10. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    well done :) xx
  11. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    Thank you :grin: :grin:
  12. abbie

abbie Member

Name:
    I know you aren't speaking to me and possibly won't see this, but would you rather find out through a simple test or see your dog die on an operating table?

I have no idea whether vwd affects my dogs or not. It is epilepsy worries me more until now, but I will be discussing this with our vet.

I certainly am not looking for a problem in my dogs. I would do anything for them to be fit and healthy.

I don't think anyone is pretending to know it all just wants the best for their dogs.
  13. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    What made me want to check that Solomon hasn't got or isn't a carrier of vwd, simple so many lies have been told and people banned from asking questions then the fact that some were tested the results were apparently bad and the breeder went ahead with the matings. I wont even get into the mess that are their pedigrees so as for parentage who knows.....????????

14. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Nes there was a post on dogsey about a year ago was there not about VWD testing and Tracey did say publicly that she was having her dogs tested. I assumed like you Nes that consentious breeders would have this done to make sure their dogs weren't carriers as both Sire and Dam can be carriers without any ill health. As for me having Solomon I would have thought that was quite simple so that we know what to prepare for in the future.

15. Pilgrim

Pilgrim New Member

Name:
    Liesl
    I have never understood this. First the NIS/BUA etc deny there are any health problems...........then they admit there might be, so do some tests................then completely ignore the bad results and still breed anyway!:twisted: :twisted:

Stop breeding with unhealthy dogs!!Jeez it is not rocket science:roll:
  16. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Great post and couldn't agree more!! :grin:
    Valerie

17. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Fantastic news Claudeen but then I've always said you loved your dogs and had their health and welfare uppermost in your mind! Good luck,
    Luv Valerie

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2010
  18. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    Hi Nes, the VWD has come up again and again and this is the reason I want to test Solomon just so we know where to go from here. Forewarned is forearmed. I don't know how prevalent VWD is in the NI breed and rumours abound so for peace of mind I'll test. Tracey has said all her dogs are negative for VWD and Haemophillia and that if anyone wants to see her results they can go to her home in Essex and see them.........

19. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Why are you replying to that post which is over 2yrs old? Are you trying to raise suspicions again? Have you come across something you wish to share?:002:
  20. upallnight

upallnight New Member

Name:
    Valerie
    LOL just losing the plot now thought with all the recent interest this was new! Sillly me!

21. AnimalFactor

AnimalFactor

Name:
    Fluffy
    Ah,Borderdawn ALWAYS looking for a conspiracy theory :roll:

If someone wants to reply to a 2 year old thread, so what? Threads are left open, no matter how old they are, so that people can reply....:roll: