Opinions please General Chat

Discussion in 'Boxer' started by Carole, Oct 23, 2005.

1. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    i thought that is it a skin tumor some times they look like warts or fat lump they can get?
    has it got any bigger caz?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    Hi SB it is a sebaceous cyst. I think I posted about it ages ago on DW. It has been there for around 18 months now and has not grown or changed so the vet wants to leave it alone meantime. It gets checked out whenever we are in for worming supplies :)

Im in 2 minds as to get it taken off as because it is on the surface the vet said Star would only need sedated and not completely knocked out :shock:
  4. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    might be an idea caz as they can get bigger.
  5. Steve

Steve New Member

Name:
    Steven-i guess that suprised you...
    I think she's in good shape Carole and tucks in nicely at the rear quarters.She compares well with the other Boxers walked round here. :grin:
  6. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    The vet wants to wait until it gets bigger or changes as Star is not a very good patient to say the least. She has to be muzzled at the vet :(
  7. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    i can see your point has she got any others or just the 1?
    we had a few taken off at 1 time with ben even though they was little.
  8. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    Just the one :? we think it was originally an insect bite. She has said that it might burst and loads of cheesy stuff will come out of it. I can move it around under the skin and lift it up :?

Will be asking the vet about it when Star gets her health check in a few months :)
  9. leo

leo

Name:
    marie
    thats gross caz i really didn't need to read that..
    lets hope it doesn't burst!
  10. Shadowboxer

Shadowboxer Fondly Remembered

Name:
    SB
    I remember you posting about the cyst now Carole :) I just get very neurotic about lumps and bumps on Boxers. If it is causing no problems and it is regularly checked then I would leave it until the vet says it needs to be removed.
  11. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    it is due to be looked at again in a few months so will let you know what happens then :)
  12. geordieboxerlover

geordieboxerlover New Member

Name:
    susan
    she looks fine to me carole :grin:
    busta looks more muscly than star
    but then she is a lady ;-)
  13. RobK

RobK New Member

Name:
    Robert
    I can appriciate this post. I'm a perfectionist sometimes and I get some people that say I'm not feeding enough and she's too skinny and others tell me she is perfect. Personally(for now any way) I just keep the exersize level up and let her eat when shes hungry. She tears it up almost every day in the desert here. So she gets a fair amount of running in.

I think Star looks perfect myself,but I'm not the expert so. Thanks for the post very informative.
  14. elvis's_Mummy

elvis's_Mummy New Member

Name:
    Hannah
    If only I could get Elvis to look like Star, she is beautiful. Elvis is only 23kg at 18 months and looks like a skeleton bless him!
  15. Carole

Carole Global Moderator

Name:
    Carole
    Elvis will get there eventually. Star was the same while she was growing. So thin her hip bones and spine used to stick out. It was not until she was about 2 and half she began to look better.