Living with CKCSs Discussions

Discussion in 'Cavalier King Charles Spaniel' started by LillyRose, Dec 25, 2009.

1. LillyRose

LillyRose New Member

Name:
    Kay

Living with CKCSs

I thoroughly love the Cavalier and wasn't really greatly aware of the breed until first meeting Scarlett's parents - they belong to a dear friend of mine.

It's wonderful looking back at how out relationshp has come along and I can't believe she will be 8 months old, next Wednesday.

I'd like to hear about other's experiences with living with Cavaliers and how you came about the breed,their personal "traits" :lol: etc.Also, if anyone could recommend any Cavalier books, I'm going to start reading some 8)

Scarlett's seem to be:- bringing my socks out of my gym bag - and worn, uuurrrggh,watching out of the window on the end of my bed and adopting a "transfixed" expression for any sort of food anyone has at the time - with eyes like these :shock: my mum says they're "chocolate drop eyes" :roll: She loves her Grandma :lol:

Over to you :grin: x
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. TEDCAV

TEDCAV New Member

Name:
    Kathy
    I'm fortunate to have two at the moment, Ted 7 and Bertie 2. Tricolour and Black and Tan - both similar but very different. Ted is "the gentleman" very gentle, loving. Bertie is in your face and loves cuddles, would get under your skin if he could, a great talker.

We had our first Cavvy in 1987 and despite thinking about it, have never gone for another breed - love em, love em, love em

Smart, fun, loving, highly trainable and gorgeous - enjoy yours:lol:
  4. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    Hi Katy,
    Sorry you post got missed and pleased TEDCAV has posted which has appeared on my new posts list :)

I have 2 boys Harvey(Black & Tan) & Archie (Ruby), both are now 4 years old. Prior to the boys I had Simba a blenheim boy, who was our first special boy.

There is not a lot either of mine wouldn't do to be honest, they love swimming, agility, training classes etc or generally chill out and just have cuddles.

They are not fussy eaters, but partial to the odd egg and carrots :)

Harvey would be my scarf, if allowed and Archie my slippers :) Both love to be groomed, but neither are too keen on having their feet handled.

I adore the gentle energetic, faithful breed :)
  5. TEDCAV

TEDCAV New Member

Name:
    Kathy
    Well hello Trixeybird, not been on dogsey for a while. Must sort photobox out and post some up to date pics of my gorgeous boys, have some lovely one's of them in the snow.

You're not complete without a Cavalier (or two) that's what I say xxxx
  6. Trixybird

Trixybird New Member

Name:
    Tracy
    I have to agree with that Kathy :grin: I have a new camera, not as compact which is why i often forget to take it with me. Nice to see you again.
  7. buzzie

buzzie New Member

Name:
    Joan
    I had a lovely male at one time and what a love he was. The breed is so soft and gentle but must be treated that way also to be happy.