Border Collie fix! General Chat

Discussion in 'Border Collie' started by x-clo-x, Mar 24, 2010.

1. TBBS

TBBS New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    There will be lots of pics!!! :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jfk

Jfk New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Tbbs kyp is very disappointed that his promised love has given up on him and been seeing another man. Will he ever forgive her,especially if it was with his own brother! Joking apart glad Skye is preggers and looking forward to the pics
  4. Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Ben Mcfuzzylugs

Lovely dogs
    I always wanted a collie but I think I will just have a bunch of mutts, although at the moment I do have one collie - it is just spread between two dogs :D
  5. TBBS

TBBS New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    Hi, Skye would have had pups with Kyp if he could have fulfilled the obligation! Yes, it is his brother, Breac, that is the dad.
  6. Jfk

Jfk New Member

Name:
    Jo
    I'm thinking we would have had had to stand poor Skye on a box as kyp is such a donkey!
  7. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    hi :grin:
    my boy Blue,old lad now...but he doesn't think so,or act like it, still raring to do agility and he is 13 ;-) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    [​IMG]
  8. wufflehoond

wufflehoond

Name:
    XXXXX
    Here's Cassie...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  9. loupoppins

loupoppins New Member

Name:
    Louise
    oh they are all just so wonderful, and gorgeous and lovely and fantastic:007:
    Oh, how I so want to have me one of those....sigh....maybe one day:002:
  10. Skyesmum

Skyesmum New Member

Name:
    Jann
    Skye

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (photo taken by Patch)

Drift

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hope you like

Jann
    xx
  11. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    Tupacs2legs your boy is LOOOVVLEY reminds me so much of a bitch I know thats me fav sort of blue merle though I also like b/w red/w tri .... oh I'm just jealous of all of you :lol:
  12. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    awww,Blue says thankyou (he's clever like that ;-) )

his mum was a red merle and his dad a red and white ;-) :mrgreen:
  13. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    oooh lovely lovely lovely :mrgreen:

realistically how long do they need excercising for a day? anyone fancy giving me a bit more info on them, good and bad points?
  14. loupoppins

loupoppins New Member

Name:
    Louise
    oh dear x-clo-x,looks like no-one wants to share the truth about collies.....are they really that difficult LOL:lol:
    Just get us hooked with all your gorgeous pics then run away before giving us the truth:lol: !!!!!
  15. Jfk

Jfk New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Hi x-clo-x
    thought you'd get loads of info about this gorgeous breed. I've had 6 collies over the last 25 years and they are all totally different. Mine have ranged from totally laid back to jumping off the walls. My young dog is an isds collie who comes direct from a shepherdess and he is not for the faint hearted. If you are interested in them it's worth looking at different breed lines. They do need heaps of input but what they receive they give back ten fold. They are the greatest of friends and really good fun. I work full time,admittedly from home and I give mine an hours exercise in the morning and individual games in the evening. I've found you can never physically tire a collie but if they are given a job to do and their brains get tired then they sleep like babies. My guys do basic obedience,basic clicker work but heaps of agility that we all enjoy. The more highly strung ones can be snappy and quite often go wrong if they don't have enough employment. As much as I like other dogs border collies are the only breed for me. They rock. If you get the opportunity try to pop to an agility show locally to you and have a chat to different people, I guess you'll be there 5 mins before you're hooked. Hope that helps and is of some interest!
  16. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    Charlie is half a collie ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He is also half springer, he doesn't need any more exercise than the girls, he was a bit highly strung when he was younger but he calmed down at around 4-5 years. Very loving, very eager to please, laid back, not very loyal mind, he's anyones dog. :roll: :lol: He is prone to bad skin (heavy dandruff) and he can clear a 6ft fence with ease. Friendly with most other dogs but aloof with males when he is with 'his girls'. :roll: Will stick up for himself, not a shy dog. Up for anything (except rain).
  17. cintvelt

cintvelt New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Hi,

I've had all kinds of dogs over the years, ranging from GSD's to terriers to cocker spaniels, but always dreamt of having a BC... but was always told that they needed too much work... bla bla bla... thanks to the crisis my own little business has pretty much dried up (I'm an interior designer and here in Holland nobody's hiring at the moment...cheapskates ha ha ha ), so I thought... now's the time to get a BC as I have more then enough time.... what did I end up with.... the most relaxed BC ever!!!!

She's really easy going... granted, I'm home most of the time (which is no different from when business is good, as I work from home ) and take her with me if I go out (as often as possible)... but as long as I take her for at least one hour's walk every day (which I would do with any dog) and keep her mentally stimulated (loads of toys, giving her jobs to do, etc) she's really very easy and not much different from other breeds (except that she's good at clearing up laundry left on the floor... another job...:lol: )... to be honest I don't know what all the fuss is about.... as long as you get a parental mix which suits your circumstances (if you want a good house-pet don't get a puppy from 2 working lines, if you want a working dog don't get a puppy from 2 show-lines), you'll be ok...... but then again.... if you're away all day... don't get a dog (oops, probably upset a few people with that comment... sorry)...

Claire
  18. Tillymint

Tillymint New Member

Name:
    Suzie
    Lovely collie fix pictures:grin: :grin: Although my Tilly is collie x, she is so collie like - challenging yet so clever & I love training with her she thrives on it!
    I adore collie's with blue eyes.... just something about them makes me go all gooey:grin:
  19. elaineb

elaineb New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    [​IMG]

nosey BC ...Poppy!!!!

[​IMG]

Ben & Poppy!

[​IMG]

Just Ben...comptemplating:roll: :roll: :roll:

xx
  20. lilypup

lilypup New Member

Name:
    Claire
  21. Skyesmum

Skyesmum New Member

Name:
    Jann
    Drift sends this piccy....just for you, Mr blue eyes himself :grin:

[​IMG]

He hopes you like it, and would like to apologise for his extreme muddiness ;-)

Jann
    xxx