Mini Poodles General Chat

Discussion in 'Poodle (Miniature)' started by Wyrd, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha

Mini Poodles

What are Mini Poodles like to live with?

I've found info on grooming them, and the fact they are intelligent, but nothing actually about them as dogs.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    Anyone have any dealings with them?
  4. Fernsmum

Fernsmum New Member

Name:
    Ali
    Having had dogs all my life I finally got my much wanted miniature poodle just over two years ago . She is a fantastic dog , very intelligent and funny .
    However she is very active and in fact is the most active dog I have ever owned . People seem to think they are a suitable dog for old ladies or to be lap dogs and nothing could be further from the truth .
    They are very suitable to be with active people or families .
    They love doing things and would be great for agility or flyball .
    I would say they are also not really suitable for people who are going to be out a lot and leave them on their own .
    My poodle loves coming around the house and garden with me as I am doing things . She is always very interested in everything I am doing .
    My poodle has a lovely nature probably partly because she is very active and very happy .
    So if you are are able to be with your dog a lot and have an active lifestyle then a poodle might be just the right dog for you .:grin:
  5. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    To many oddles and not enough poodles ...:002:
  6. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    Lovely-I think you should turn this into a car sticker for Poodle owners!

I met one when I collected Cherry and Parker from the groomers yesterday- I thought he was lovely looking and apparently Poodles are the 2nd most intelligent dog breed.

Like the other poster said though, you do have to keep them occupied because of their intelligence.
  7. pinklizzy

pinklizzy New Member

Name:
    N/A
    I've only been owned by a mini poodle for the last 8 months but she's a fab dog! She is totally full of fun, happy to do whatever we're doing and wants to be involved with everything. She loves everyone she meets and charms them all into falling for her.
    She has bags of energy but providing she has her walks is quite happy to curl up on the sofa if that's what I'm doing.
  8. Blu

Blu New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I've had them all my life and always will have them :grin: As good as it is they are inteligent it's also a pain at times. If Blu goes into the garden he refuses to do the toilet unless he knows he is getting agility stuff out so just stands and looks like an idiot! Mine tend to get bored of doing the same thing over and over again so always like to do something different. They hate being left to do their own thing so play their own games that you would rather they never ;-)

They are great at obedience, agility etc. Blu has learnt everything at agility very quickly, same with obedience but because it's more repeating stuff all the time he does the stupid poodle routine :roll:

Coat care depends on how long you keep it. Clipped off means nest to no grooming but show coat is hell to live with when it changes.