How big will my dog get ? Questions

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by kellymcg, Oct 25, 2010.

1. kellymcg

kellymcg New Member

Name:
    kelly

How big will my dog get ?

hi, i took my staffie x to the vets a week before he turned 6 months to have him weighed. he weighed in at 16.4kg and i was wondering if anyone knows what size he may go to. would love to hear your replies, thanks:grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    What is he crossed with?
  4. kellymcg

kellymcg New Member

Name:
    kelly
    i dont know he has got short legs but he is really stocky the vet says hes going to be really strong also he has very big paws and really thick legs:?
  5. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Got any pictures?

Although if you don't know the cross for sure it would be purely guess work.

Most dogs do tend to do a massive proportion of growing in their first 6 months though.
  6. kellymcg

kellymcg New Member

Name:
    kelly
    i will put a couple of pics on now
  7. kellymcg

kellymcg New Member

Name:
    kelly
    here he is
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the pic on the seat makes his legs look smaller than they really are
  8. TBBS

TBBS New Member

Name:
    Debbie
    My pup is 6 months, she weighed 10.6kgs on her 6 month birthday, her mum weighs 14.6kgs, so that's what I'm expecting the pup to be when she's mature, so she's just over 2/3 of her adult weight at 6 months.
  9. kellymcg

kellymcg New Member

Name:
    kelly
    my other dog candy she weighed 9kg when she was a year old she is 2 now and weighs 14.5kg:)
  10. kellymcg

kellymcg New Member

Name:
    kelly
    hi, i thought i would put a couple of better pics of my boy on as the other two aren't that good, so here he is

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  11. krlyr

krlyr

Name:
    Karly
    He's cute! I don't think you can really give a figure with a cross, even a guess may be totally out. My mum recently adopted a Collie x puppy, with no clue of what she was crossed with or how big she'd get! I think she's going to be a fairly small dog but someone on another dog forum posted a crossbreed pup that looked almost identical, from the ear shape, colourings, etc. you could've said they were the same dog, yet she was probably twice the size when you saw a photo of it with another dog. The bigger cross was apparently a Husky x Rottie! You can tell Bella definately isn't that cross as she's no where near the right size :lol:
    I would say at 6 months he's probably nearing his adult height though, and most of the growing from then onwards will be filling out. Staffies don't tend to get too tall, but if there's a larger breed in there you may find he'll keep growing for a few more months yet.
    Btw, big paws indicating a big dog is a bit of a myth - sometimes it can be a sign but I had a GSD pup who had massive paws in comparison with her body, and her dad was apparently a big dog, but she never grew that tall. She was still being mistaken for a puppy when she was 3-4 as she was quite short for her breed! Yet everyone had seen her as a pup and said "Look at those paws! She's going to be a big dog"
  12. kellymcg

kellymcg New Member

Name:
    kelly
    the vet said she doesnt think he will grow any taller but he still has a lot of filling out to do. do you know what weight a six month old staffie is roughly?
  13. kellymcg

kellymcg New Member

Name:
    kelly
    hi took junior to the vets to be weighed,it is exactly a month since i last had him there. so hes went from 16.4kg to 19.1kg the vet says he'll go to 25kg easy:shock:
  14. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    my male stafford from crossguns lines was 14.4kgs the day he turned 6months.