If you saw white mastiff type would you think dogo? General Chat

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by Murf, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf

If you saw white mastiff type would you think dogo?

seen pups up for sale as white matiffs ..there is only one pure white mastiff type right?? Any other options ??
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    I seen these, I was thinking they looked like am bull / am bull cross to me.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2010
  4. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Seen an advert now just saying Argentinian Mastiff ..
    All the dogos i have seen have cropped ears so i dont know what they look like with normal ears...
  5. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    A while back on another place, was last year sometime someone posted photo's of an 'apparent' dogo ears we're uncropped and I must say dog looked like an American Bulldog.
    Posted pictures of puppies out of an apparent 'dogo' breeding but puppies had massive black (or possibly brindle, hard to to tell from the photo) patches over their body/face/ears. So, I was more inclined to think it was just a big white American Bulldog that someone was trying to pass off as a 'dogo'.

Know certain black patches are allowed, but they aren't meant to be excessive like how those puppies we're marked.

Dogo Breed Standard.

http://www.dogo.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=62
  6. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    The pups i seen are 5 months old so it might be from the same littter .
  7. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    why is no link on Dogsey working for me?!...
  8. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    Dogo's with Ears look like really tall standard American Bulldogs.
  9. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    See the photo's did you ? Nope, doubt it.

I can absolutely 100% guarantee you the dog I saw in the photo's wasn't a 'Dogo' and if it were by any chance, the pups these 'Dogos' produced, almost certainly we're not.

Think, brindle and white American Bulldog puppies :grin:
  10. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    What photo's ???

I'v seen plenty of Dogo's with ears and they look like standard type american bulldogs but more leggy...
  11. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    I did save the photo's, obviously I can't place the photo's I have here, as they are not my photo's - But, this is a dog that is in the UK and actively being bred :x :x
    But, the dog isn't a Dogo and if by some chance it we're the puppies that are supposed dogo's this dog is throwing are certainly most not (there were a litter of supposed dogo's this dog produced last year) now this year this ''supposed'' dogo was put with an entirely different breed to produce another litter, but this time crossbreeds from what I believe is a White American Bulldog someone is passing off as a Dogo to market their own puppies as ''rare''.
  12. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    So basically more stupidly bred mutts on the streets for idiots and the innocent to buy!! Great....It will never stop.
  13. tazer

tazer

Name:
    Tazer/Taz
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

This is a pic from an ad I posted about quite a while ago on here. They were advertized as being dogo's, they were/are located on the Isle of man where it is perfectly legal to own/breed them however, they were advertizing that they would deliver to anywhere in the uk, which certainly isn't legal.

If they did sell one to someone Here, then it might explain the people who claim to have them, wether they are true dogo's or not, I can't say, I expect one of you guys will know wether they are or not.
  14. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci

That photo has been taken from google, so who knows whether they we're true dogo's or not in the advert, but the dogs in the photo are - just been taken from google, from here..

http://www.google.co.uk/images?hl=e...arch Images&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

Scroll down you'll find it, it's actually been taken from a blog from what I can make out.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2010
  15. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    Could easily have been one of the many puppy-scammers, who aren't aware of our UK laws.
  16. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    A friend of mine told me that his friend had just got a pup a white mastiff type and when I said Dogo Argentina (sp) he said thats the name! So I reckon there are a few in the country but when asked they call them something else - same with pit bulls, I know one man who owns a pure one but whenever asked by people he doesnt know/trust he says it's a staffy x.

So they could be plain and simple white mastiffs or Am-bulldogs but unless papers or DNA proves otherwise - we would never know
  17. tera

tera New Member

Name:
    t
    There's plenty about!! alot of hunting folk are running them and crossing them with allsorts...
  18. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    if it aint pitbull type does the average PC plod take any notice?
    Would they notice a dogo ,tosa.or fila??
  19. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Another dogo type litter for sale this time crossed with a English bull terrier.
  20. 3dognight

3dognight

Name:
    phil
    hey guys my name is phil. i have 2 dogos i belong to the dogo club of amarica and i saw the pics....there dogos. i may be wrong ...i ID dogos for rescue groups and rehome dogos when i can..the paws say so.and the head between the eyes....if you look in the pic section and search dogo you will see mine..2 pits also.if there are any questions ask away!!!!
  21. Velvetboxers

Velvetboxers New Member

Name:
    Helen
    I would think Am Bulldog