Miniature SBT's? Discussions

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by SLB, Oct 31, 2010.

1. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee

Miniature SBT's?

There's been a lot of talk about these mini's, can someone tell me about them, I've never heard about them? Has someone just bred them down recently or have they been around for ages?

I'm actually confused:?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    There is no such thing. I think it is what those breeding for taller dogs call the standard sized SBT.

I have three 15' and two 16" at the withers and lots of people ask me if they are either pups or miniature ones.

The top size KC breed standard is 16".
  4. Noushka05

Noushka05 New Member

Name:
    Jo
    theres no such thing its just irresponsible people cashing in on their runty undersized dogs by giving them a very saleable name!
  5. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    I actually think it is the other way around.
  6. Sal

Sal New Member

Name:
    sally
    Agree with leadstaffs,
    Tyler is 17",slightly over standard and Meg is 15"
  7. bolty

bolty New Member

Name:
    Shane
    the only time I have seen anythink about mini staffs is on the board, and its mum and dad was normal just they have a very small pup in the litter...

but people think that my stafford male is a cross as he is only 14.5 inches at 8months lol.
  8. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    Agree with most, though you can get Miniature Bull Terriers and they are absolutely adorable! :D
  9. mattsgal

mattsgal New Member

Name:
    mandi
    i have a staffy pup shes only 4.5" high and 9" long at the moment, shes what would probably be called the runt of a litter of 10, i call her "my mini staffy" but would never and do not intend to advertise her or sell her, the rest of her litter are very chunky pups so i guess shes a bit of a freak of nature. But to us shes a one off and will stay with us and her mum and dad.
  10. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    How old is she? I'm guessing still very young.
    Quite often, smallish puppies tend to ''come on'' very well, I had a small puppy out of a Bulldog litter quite a few years back, when fully grown he turned out to be the biggest dog out the litter, even his breeder kicking themselves when coming to see him 18 months later that he wasn't the one they kept back :mrgreen:
  11. mattsgal

mattsgal New Member

Name:
    mandi
    shes only 8 weeks old and possibly could catch up later on, she is exceptionally small though, she was one of twins and her twin is very chunky.
  12. mattsgal

mattsgal New Member

Name:
    mandi
    [​IMG].this is her with one of her litter mates.
  13. Nicci_L

Nicci_L New Member

Name:
    Nicci
    Spike was exceptionally small as a pup, which is why his breeder decided to ''run him on'' at around 6 months old, chosing his sister to keep back instead.

This is how he turned out just over a year later.

[​IMG]
  14. mattsgal

mattsgal New Member

Name:
    mandi
    [​IMG]......... prob a stupid question but can anyone tell me why Mouse`s ears curl backwards?? is it a deformity or will they change?
  15. mattsgal

mattsgal New Member

Name:
    mandi
    hes gorgeous, just goes to show you can never tell :grin: