Any other GSP owners out there! ? General Chat

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by bethie, Jan 14, 2011.

1. bethie

bethie New Member

Name:
    lizzie

Any other GSP owners out there! ?

Hi I'm new on this forum woundered if there are any other Germans shorthaired pointer owners on here? :grin: :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    Fraid so :lol: Just one, one is enough for now :lol:

Love to see pics of yours. I must sort out some more photos.

Sophie and Bertie (my GSP)
  4. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Yes! About 14 years ago I went to a dog Rescue to get a companion for my GSD, whose friend had sadly died and came home with this...
    Laddie
    [​IMG]
    cpmplete with pedigree papers and import certificate. I hadn`t a clue about gundogs but we learned together because he`d never had any education about them either. :grin:
    When he passed on aged 16 I got this chap who`d been picked up as a stray in Ireland and was in Rescue. He`s huge!
    Shamus
    [​IMG]
    He`s not the brightest dog in the world but very enthusiastic. :lol:
  5. bethie

bethie New Member

Name:
    lizzie
    Hi Here's my gsp Rio!
    [​IMG]
  6. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    Lovely :grin: nice to have another gsp owner on here.
    Here's Bertie
    [​IMG]
  7. bethie

bethie New Member

Name:
    lizzie
    wow he's a handsome fella! How old is he? My Rio is now in her 10th year & a bit of a powder-face. Her pin-up pic was taken when she was about 7! Must get a more up to date one on! Ha
  8. bethie

bethie New Member

Name:
    lizzie
    Hi Here's a more recent pic...still got the 'ole charm!
    [​IMG]
  9. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    Thanks

Shes lovely :mrgreen: lots of special ole dog charm :mrgreen:

Bertie is about 21 mounths old.
  10. DDoglover

DDoglover New Member

Name:
    DDoglover
    Yes we are also owners of a GSP!
  11. alyn

alyn New Member

Name:
    jan
    Hi just joined the forum today looking for more GSP owners.Finlay my 10 mth old has very similar markings to your dog,he is lovely. can you recommend a good dog food we are struggling to put weight on him.
  12. Norma808

Norma808 New Member

Name:
    Norma
    3working gsp,s here 10 ,6,4 ,years ,been interested n worked this breed for the last 15 years
    4year old rescue dog ,
  13. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    Hiya, yes a good food is something like simpsons premium (google it) we feed it to ours they do a few types of food all of them have reasonable meat content also look at the oil/fat content of the food. Simpsons 80/20 is really good I tried ours on a bag of it and they looked in really amazing condition on it with super shiny coats but I can't afford it at the moment ours are being fed the Simpson chicken and rice and they still look really well it's 16% oil which is pretty good. Another thing which is super for putting weight on a dog is raw green tripe, if you can put up with the smell !

Also if you are going to work your GSP simpsons will let you have there food at a reduced price and in 15kg bags just get in touch with them!

Love to see pics of Finlay ! :grin:
  14. alyn

alyn New Member

Name:
    jan
    Hi thanks for the advice; I will google Simpons, We have been feeding him on CSJ quite reasonable but hubby and I worry that he looks too skinny the protein is very high and fat low I think we have got it slightly wrong ! Never heard of raw green tripe where on earth do you buy that from? Not worked how to post pics but will do so asap .
  15. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    The roughly minced up tripe normally comes in frozen blocks from companys which sell raw dog food and deliver it to you house and it can often be cheaper than tinned dog food depending on what you get, but there is normally a minimum order so you'd need a bit of freezer space unless you have a pet supplies shop near you that sells raw dog food.
    I used to use Landywoods but you'd have to check the areas they deliver to or start a new thread asking which company's deliver to where you live.
    UK BARF Club site is worth having a look at if your interested in feeding some tripe like I said it is brilliant for putting weight and condition on dogs but it smells and you might need a bigger freezer depending on what you have already!
  16. nddogs

nddogs New Member

Name:
    Sophie
    Just to say (as not always very clear when writing online ! :) ) that I'd just add some tripe to the dogs complete food unless you go and do the whole raw food thing.