Greyhounds are so dangerous....NOT!! General Chat

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by zoe1969, Feb 25, 2011.

1. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe

Greyhounds are so dangerous....NOT!!

I was out with Danny and Guinness tonight having a lovely walk and I was approaching some houses and saw some people talking in the doorway of the house. As I went past the gate, a girl of about 18 came out, saw Guinness and Danny (who were muzzled) and she screamed at the top of her voice scaring my dogs. They didn't react to her but just looked as if to say "what's up with you?" I think they were more scared of her to be honest! I said that it was ok and they wouldn't bite and she replied "well why the f**k are they muzzled then?":roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
    I tried to explain that they were sighthounds and ok with humans but not with cats and small dogs and she replied "yeah right"!!!!! So I was a bit naughty and said "I tell you what, shall we take their muzzles off and see what happens?" Whereupon she retreated back into the house quick sharp!!!:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    Why oh why does everyone think that just because a sighthound wears a muzzle that they are rabid dogs from hell?!!!
    And hereby ends my rant!!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Reisu

Reisu New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    Silly bint, her loss!! :mrgreen:
  4. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    I know Zoe, Tom is muzzled when we are in certain places not becuase of anything to do with humans either and the other day a mum explained to her young son it was because greyhounds are nasty dogs so never go near them !

Hmmm ...........
  5. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    Couldn't have put it better myself!!:002:
  6. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    Stupid woman!! It drives me mad!! They weren't even off lead. I put their muzzles on at night coz there are cats everywhere!
    Ah well.....as Reisu says, it's her loss!!:002:
  7. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    How ridiculous?! Surely she's more safe with a muzzled dog...common sense doth not prevail. I found it funny at first (and still do mostly) as I thought it was the odd one off event...but I've had Axel for 8 months now and it's a much more common than I thought - it's bordering on ridiculous!
  8. Greyhoundlover

Greyhoundlover New Member

Name:
    Linda
    We've found the same when we've muzzled ours:roll: definitely her loss.

Still, on the plus side, muzzles do deter people from letting their uncontrolled dogs charge towards yours:grin:
  9. madmare

madmare New Member

Name:
    Bev
    Luckily with Kyiro he never has to wear a muzzle out on walks as he really doesn't bother with anything and if a cat walks towards him he sidles round behind me to avoid it and let his mummy get eaten by it.
    That may change when we get our new girl next week and she may need a muzzle when out and will be wearing one until we know how she is, so it will be interesting to see how she is treated compared to Kyiro.
  10. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    When people are as silly as that you wouldn't want them owning any dog anyway would you?
  11. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    The ones I've met recently (fair few of them walk near us) are the most utterly gentle dogs I've ever come across! One comes up to us if we're sat down in the park and ever ever ever so gently sticks his head on your lap looking up at you! They always look very bemused to see my bag of woof trying to challenge them to a game of chaseys (got to love optimism on Layton's behalf that he'll keep up)!

If I ever have the spare money, and come across a cat-friendly one I'd be sorely sorely tempted!
  12. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    They're beautiful dogs aren't they?!!:mrgreen: Go for it....you won't be disappointed!:002:
  13. Greyhoundlover

Greyhoundlover New Member

Name:
    Linda

I second that:lol: :002:
  14. HiHoSilver

HiHoSilver New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Got a housefull of cat friendly ones - tested on my cats who vary from the lunatic 50mph types to the headbutt a homicidal pitbull and including my 2 and a half legged crippled cat who purrs and says 'come and eat me' (She lost her legs to a speeding lorry not a dog.)My greys also live with a miniature terrier and (dammit!) they haven't lifted a lip to him yet.Had a visit today from one of the rescues I foster for and she pointed out she didn't know the terrier's name after all this time coz I always refer to him as - well - lets just say rude names...
  15. beattie

beattie New Member

Name:
    Linda
    It does annoy me so much when my greys are muzzled and people come up to you but just daren't stroke them 'incase they bite', so I have to do the explaining bit, about them being gentle as lambs and we are just being wary of the cats. Just wish people would see them as the gorgeous gentle animals they are and not some vicious biting machine!!
  16. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    I agree with Reisu (sp) the numpty.

I can't wait to get my first grey! A more peaceful walk IMO let them believe what they want to believe, naivety and ignorance is great!
  17. Hazyflight17

Hazyflight17 New Member

Name:
    ELE
    Know exactly what you mean must say well said. my hazy wears a muzzel fantastic with people other grey and lurchers little dogs and cats know. so it is out of repect for others and him he wears it as it is sensible thing to do .some people have done that with me some have seen us coming and pulled their children back and said dangerous breeds them. but you know what ignorance is bliss and you can not deal with it because they dont wont to , they are silly little devils. In fact my greys have been attacked by other dogs and did not even attack back so much for dangerous dogs rant over lol
  18. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    To be fair it is no different to people having a reaction to seeing a mob of hoodies coming towards them at night when they are walking alone etc.

People do not have crystal balls, they are not all educated about different breeds and surely if we want a pleasant reaction to our dogs from people it is wiser to be pleasant to them and leave a positive impression than be combative?
  19. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    I've not really had this with mine, sometimes Diesel scares people with otber dogs when he barks when he's onlead, but more often then not with my two their tails do the talking, muzzle or no muzzle :lol:, why hasn't there been anything invented thats sole purpose is to protect legs from hound tails yet?
  20. buglysprince

buglysprince New Member

Name:
    Lesley
    When I come accross a gang of hoodies they give me a wide birth. Makes me giggle if only they knew how soppy my dogs are :)
  21. GandalfTheGrey

GandalfTheGrey New Member

Name:
    Andy
    You wanna see my Marley walking down the street on his hindlegs with his hood up !!! What a scarey sight.......