Greyhounds are so dangerous....NOT!! General Chat

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by zoe1969, Feb 25, 2011.

1. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. sarah1983

sarah1983 New Member

Name:
    sarah
    I always tell Rupert he should have been docked :lol: He has a thick, heavy tail like a Lab and man does it hurt if he hits you with it. He actually gave me a black eye with it once. Was at the doctors the next day for something unrelated and he asked about the black eye. Apparently he was very abrupt with my husband after that :shock: Guess he didn't believe the dog did it.
  4. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    I've been caught in the eye by Jenny's tail before now. It hurts like hell!!:?
  5. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    These days I've started snarling back that "the dog's not nasty - but the owner's an utter b**h you need to make sure not to annoy."

Shuts most up.
  6. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    Ah another bit of good PR for dog owners then, excellent!
  7. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    Never going to convince idiots like that otherwise - they give me rubbish I give it back these days.
  8. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    I try never to stoop to their level, so much more satisfying.
  9. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    Funnily I don't get satisfaction out of having to listen how my dog's aggressive, nasty etc etc and just sit back and take it.
  10. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    No I realise it must seem more satisfying to you to trade insults............ and behave in exactly the same manner.
  11. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    Considering you don't even own a dog that has to be muzzled so have never had to have the idiotic comments - did you just decide to come in here to condemn us and take the moral high ground for the fun of it - or was there a reason you just decided to do your usual singling out particular posters for personal attacks because they dare think differently to you?

I mean - how dare I respond differently to a situation than the smokeybear approved method?!
  12. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    I have walked a dog that had to be muzzled actually (always jumping to conclusions aren't you, is that the only exercise you get?).

YOU are the one that insists on making rude remarks and responses to people who, unlike YOU, know no better.

I would have thought that BECAUSE you walk a dog that HAS to be muzzled.

And BECAUSE you support rescue.

And BECAUSE you are allegedly "educated" about greyhounds and muzzles you could afford to be generous with those who know less than you.

Apparently not, you would prefer to be rude and antagonistic to those you seek to mock, rather than using these opportunities to raise the profile of dogs whose cause you claim to champion.

What a wasted opportunity at best and a good example of FAILING such dogs at worst.

It is of course your CHOICE to respond to such people in an aggressive and rude manner, however not all the remarks of OTHERS are a choice, but merely the responses of those who know no better and, thanks to you, never will.

Shame.
  13. spot

spot New Member

Oh mate you soooo need a tee shirt like mine! It reads very nicely

Beware theres a b***h on both ends of this lead
    :lol: :lol: :lol:
  14. Freyja

Freyja New Member

Name:
    Helen
    We get entirely the opposite with my italian greyhound cross Willow. He is muzzled on walks as he courses my chihuahua cross and grabs at her. I don't think he would hurt her just don't want to take the chance. He also chases squirrels.

Anyway the kids all see a little dog and run up to him to fuss him they realise he couldn't bite wearing a muzzle. Then they ask if he bites because he wears it.
  15. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    I've had people cross over the road and then cross back after me and Paddy have walked past. Paddy is the most loving and soft dog you will ever meet as well. He's bloody scared of frogs!
    I've noticed it's worse when he has a muzzle on, like someone else said no other dog owners tend to get a hold of their dogs when they see him. Saves Paddy getting stressed out when dogs run at him jumping and barking.
  16. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Since I`ve added Prince to the tribe I tend to cross the road to give people space to get past because we take up so much room.
    Most people aren`t brave enough to comment :lol: but I do get annoyed for some reason when children shout in the Park - look out, it`s a dog! -. Apparently children aren`t supposed to like animals these days. :?