Who has the beast JRT? Photos

Discussion in 'Jack Russell Terrier' started by Nippy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. parsonsmum

parsonsmum New Member

Name:
    Sharon
    Mine are PRTs.....do they count for this thread?:lol:

Jack on the left, Doug on the right.
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    Well, JRTs are a type rather than a breed so you do find different ones, my friend has a black and tan one!

I call her a JRT but full family history isnt known. The ears do look corgi like but were very JRTish when they were floppy....she perked them up at 6 months old.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  4. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Totts my little superstar :) told she is a true JRT although i think she is a cross. I wouldnt call her a true JRT for the reason shes not at least 50% white alone.

Adventurous
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Intelligent
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Small dog, hard worker (at the top of Ben Nevis)
    [​IMG]

Small enough for a few as sofa warmers
    [​IMG]

Caring protector (looking after Muffin when she was sick.Totts was so aware of her and would just sit and watch her for hours)
    [​IMG]

Loving
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Eccentric
    [​IMG]

Little Cutie
    [​IMG]

Randoms
    [​IMG]
    watching crufts

[​IMG]
    climbing ben lomond

Ive never been a small dog person, we rehomed Totts as she suited everything we were looking for and she needed. I now wouldnt hesitate to have another. Small dogs full of personality and life.

And as I write and reminisce all these lovely things she comes up sits on my shoulder farts then totters away. Thanks Totts :/
  5. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Jinty is too cute :049:
  6. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    Totts and Jin have the same ears ^.^ :007: Totts looks very cuddle-able !
  7. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    I couldnt be with out those big bat ears, her nickname is batfink :blush: her ears are so expressive lol I love them :)

If she knows you well enough its difficult to stop her cuddling you!
  8. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    Jins nickname is fruit bat! :lol: I need to steal that Totty-pants, shes toooooo toooot! ^.^
  9. Paley71

Paley71 New Member

Name:
    Lindsay
    All very very cute.
    Luke, can I ask do you know what cross your little black dog is?
    Only Maggie is almost identical, always figured she was part Cairn?
  10. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    Totts doesnt look like she has the body shape, fur type or ears for a cairn....

What size is she?

Could be chi if shes quite small, or corgi (the ears!) perhaps..... Some people say Jin has a slightly longer body. Cairns are almost barrel shaped like westie with pointy ears....

I guess its anyones guess without knowing the family history....the x could even have been a few generations before and thus a bit 'diluted'.

Still love em though! :007:
  11. lilypup

lilypup New Member

Name:
    Claire
    I just love the diversity shown with all our wonderful terriers! :grin: :grin:

This is my terror Lily.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  12. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    Awww Lily looks lush! Her coat looks like Jins, is it course but still soft? Almost deffo got border in her past eh? I love terriers, I never used to until I lived with a friend who had one. I didnt think a 'real dog' included teeny terriers! But their charactors certainly outsize their height! :007:
  13. Paley71

Paley71 New Member

Name:
    Lindsay
    Not Totts I don't think....Lukes post (page 2, fifth and sixth photo down) that's the dog I meant :grin:
  14. lilypup

lilypup New Member

Name:
    Claire
    Thank you :grin: She makes my world a much better place! :007: She has quite a wiry top coat but it is really soft underneath. I have handstripped her in the past and it makes her look like a different dog!

Yep, I would say there is definitely Border in her past although her face is very much Patterdale/Fell terrier. She's a lovely looking dog whatever she is!

Oh I agree wholeheartedly! Lily has no clue she is small (except when she wants a cuddle ;-) ) and I reckon she is convinced she is a GSD! xx
  15. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    Rogue, the best little dog in the whole world.:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  16. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    ooh i love all these terriers :007: :007: one of my working friends is breeding his at her next season, and im soooo tempted! told him i cant go and see the puppies because i will come home with one! :lol: :lol:

my new fella has 7 terriers :mrgreen: will have to try and get some pictures, he also has a bitch who is about to pop any time now! also said i cant see these puppies because i will want one.. think hes keeping one though so i can get my puppy fix that way :lol:
  17. Luke

Luke New Member

I'm quite aware they are a type, but still all the ones I've ever known have still been fairly uniform and similar, mainly white with small coloured patches with their legs and size depending on the quarry they were bred to work, the big varietys, solid colours etc come from xbreeding for the pet market to make "rare" pups. Most JR advertised aren't infact that anymore.
    And the dark dog is a westie x dandie dinmont, experimental breeding from a lady who wished to revive the scotch breeds into a working dog again :)
    Lovely dogs everyone, Rogue is like my Dulcie with a sharp haircut :wink:
  18. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Lily is gorgeous :049:

Sorry Paley she really doesn't have any cairn looks that I can see she is a very odd mix look though (so mh you may be right she may have been crossed further down the line) we saw totts' sister when we rehomed her (she was being rehomed too ) and she very much looked like a true jrt with erect ears.

She has the body of a jrt for sure, short legs like the short legged jrts you see. Now that I think of it I've never walked totts with a bitch jrt so she may well be the height of a short legged jrt as she is a bit smaller than the male short legs I've had her out with. We think there is some chihuahua in there because of the ears. Possibly Corgi now you mention. She is a little long in body not hugely though. Her coat very much resembles a patterdAle. She also has a thicker coat around the scruff which brings schipperke into the frame to lol.

Personally I think she has chi and patterdale somewhere in her line.
  19. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    My friends JRT, who has no white on her at all, is simular to Totts and has really dense fur around her neck and shoulders.
    Shes the same size as Jin but they are a slightly different build; Codi's thicker, more dense and sooo heavy!

(black and tan one in this photo)

[​IMG]

Her nickname is lion :lol:
  20. MarchHound

MarchHound New Member

Name:
    Jeanna
    And Codi's parents were pure farming JRT's, true to the 'breed', white with patches :lol:
  21. Laura-Anne

Laura-Anne New Member

Name:
    Laura
    Sorry Paley missed ur post saying it was another blackie