Ex racer greyhound family tree General Chat

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by grommit, Aug 17, 2011.

1. grommit

grommit New Member

Name:
    clare
    aww bless her! Nope no white paint here but i had a look at your threads to find pictures yesterday and they look very different. Phil has a white belly, white legs and a black and white face. I'm not entirely sure he inherited much from his dads side, hes certainly no Great runner bless him :grin:

Here he is... This is his adoption picture from the kennels, hes alot more grey these days :)

[​IMG]

Magic, i'm really getting in to this!

He he he! Brilliant i'll have a peek :)

:lol: :lol:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2011
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. spot

spot New Member

I had 2 fosters who looked like they had been out in the snow:shock: One of them is still here of course - but according to the data base SHE is a brindle MALE!
  4. 2Greys

2Greys New Member

Name:
    G
    Hector & Throp were littermates and Hattie is their half sister by dam so all 3 have Top Honcho as grandsire. Guess with AI they can spread their seed much wider than years ago.
  5. Pawsonboard

Pawsonboard New Member

Name:
    Sam
  6. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
  7. *SJ*

*SJ* New Member

Name:
    SJ
    What is her name, I can change it for you if it's wrong.
  8. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    Nancy has I'm Slippy in common a few generations back.

Love that racing name though!

The homing data on Nancy's is completely wrong as well - has her being rehomed in like 2006 by a completely different rescue place - well she was still racing in 2009 - and she was still at her trainer's kennels 2 weeks before we got her because we did the initial meeting with her there!
  9. Freyja

Freyja New Member

Name:
    Helen
  10. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
  11. Freyja

Freyja New Member

Name:
    Helen
    This is my son showing her a crufts about 4 months after we got her. She had never been to a dog show before and had never seen so many people or dogs. She came 3rd in the racing and coursing bitch class out of about 14 I think.

[​IMG]
  12. Pawsonboard

Pawsonboard New Member

Name:
    Sam
  13. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
  14. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    Looking good , I didnt realise they could go to Crufts through that route but beautiful as Bella is , I think being a tiny hound for the breed standard she wouldnt do so well ! :grin:
  15. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    I did joke with Nancy's trainer when we met her and he mentioned that she was a tiny greyhound that if he slapped the "minature greyhound" tag on her and claimed her as a new breed he could probably be onto a nice little earner... well till they realised they'd got a farting (it's gross when she does her very prim and ladylike bow to stretch her front legs, then her lunge to stretch her back legs accompanied by the loudest trump ever), sofa-hogging monster!
  16. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    Perhaps I shall now say she is a minature greyhound when people ask me if she is a big whippet lol !

Funny that my little lady trumps more than my male lurcher , she does these real loud human type farts and the smell - Gross ! We still love her dearly tho just not the smell ! :grin:
  17. Freyja

Freyja New Member

Name:
    Helen
    An ex racer can enter the racing and coursing class at crufts as long as it is registered with the GBGB and the KC without having to qualify but that is the only class they can enter without qualifying. They can compete against the show greyhounds but they have to qualify for them the same as a show greyhound would have to.
  18. spot

spot New Member

Thanks but I have no idea what her racing name was. All I know is she is a she, she has the white flecks and a broken toe that was never treated and was dumped out of the back of a van.
  19. *SJ*

*SJ* New Member

Name:
    SJ
    Am confused now, how do you know she shows as a brindle male on the data base if you don't know her racing name?
    If you want to PM me her tattoos I'm happy to find out who she is.
  20. CovetKaty

CovetKaty New Member

Name:
    Katy
    Aye our Megan (terrys girl), her dad was a champion sire in australia :eek:
  21. spot

spot New Member

Thats the problem her tats are either not correct or have been altered or 'scrubbed'. we've tried the olive oil trick, the light through the ear (all that happened was it shone straight through and came out the other ear!:lol: ). But then Im probably just happy to know she's now here with us who love her.