Racing History General Chat

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by GandalfTheGrey, Aug 25, 2011.

1. GandalfTheGrey

GandalfTheGrey New Member

Name:
    Andy

Racing History

Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone can advise how I go about checking on the racing history of my Grey. I know she had a "few" races but wanted to check into it.

Is there a website etc....

many thanks

Andy
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    www.greyhound-data.com
    Don't bother with the tattoo search on there, you need to phone the Irish or English stud book and give them the tattoo and they can tell you the dog's racing name, from there you can search that name on the website and voila!
  4. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    If she's anything like mine - the tattoo's a smeary bluey green illegible smudge anyway!

Getting the racing name and greyhound data is definitely the way to go - depending on when/where they raced they might have race videos on there as well (mine doesn't cos you have to buy them for the track she was on).
  5. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Axel's was fairly legible, we guessed a letter and luckily got it right!
    We got 2 racing videos for free from the track he raced at because they give them to people who take on their dogs. That was nice :)
  6. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    Guinness's is legible but we can't find him. He's not registered so I'm guessing he was on flapping tracks.
  7. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    We have to pay for ours - they actually give you the flyer with the details of who sells them (can't even get any Nottingham track footage on youtube since the track pulls them off for copyright) when you adopt the dog. So I get to see nothing more than Nancy's racing... for the sofa.
  8. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    Bella wasnt registered either but if you see my other thread , I have got her history from the stud book (they can identify hounds from the race name or the tattoo and all with a tattoo will be registered on the stud book) she is now on the database despite having never raced , they are really helpful, they will also give you details of the dam and sire and the place and date of birth. They can also provide pedigree papers for £25.

Heres the link
  9. Freyja

Freyja New Member

Name:
    Helen
    Not all dogs are registered on greyhound data by their tattoos. My Button is not on if I put her tattoo into the search but if I put her racing name in she comes up. If he is tattooed in both ears he is irsh bred if the tattoo is just in one ear he is english bred. If you contact the GBGB and give them the tattoo number they will be able to give you your dogs racing name. Button came to us straight from her trainer so we were given all her racing papers. She was actually still registered as a race dog when we got her we retired her ourselves.
  10. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    I know he's Irish bred because of his tattoos but the rescue tried to find him too and were unable to do so.
    I may try to find to him at some point. I'd love to know his racing name...although he's always Guinness the Gannet to me!!:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
  11. TomtheLurcher

TomtheLurcher New Member

Name:
    Maureen
    Try the stud book Zoe , here is the link you can email or phone , they were really helpful , Bellas tattoo wasnt that clear either but they tried a few options and found her !

Guiness the Gannet sounds like a good race name tho ! :grin:
    http://www.greyhoundstudbook.co.uk/greyhound-stud-book/

and heres pedigree now ont he GHDB !

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=LAKERS FLORENCE&sex=&color=&birthyear=&birthland=
  12. Hazyflight17

Hazyflight17 New Member

Name:
    ELE
    I traced my dogs race history through greyhound data base via tattoes. Hazyflight well i knew most of his anyway from his owner sire sonic flight, spike is darktimes and sonny was senehel gift out of larkhill joe . there was also race videos of one of my dogs on there also no of race s won and lots more .