Grey Owners - What Do You Use !!! Health

Discussion in 'Greyhound' started by GandalfTheGrey, Aug 30, 2011.

1. GandalfTheGrey

GandalfTheGrey New Member

Name:
    Andy

Grey Owners - What Do You Use !!!

Wondering what you all use to treat your dog for Worming & Flea Treatment.

Thanks

Andy
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. *SJ*

*SJ* New Member

Name:
    SJ
    I use Drontal which covers most worms except lungworm so use Panucur for this. Frontline flea treatment. Both wormers and flea treatment can be bought without prescription at www.vetuk.co.uk
  4. dizzi

dizzi New Member

Name:
    anon
    To be honest - I pay minimal attention. I ring the vet and say "I need some flea and worm stuff for 'em can you stick some behind the counter ready for me to pick up" and then go along and pay for it... think it's generally frontline/drontal though (they don't work out much more expensive than buying online and since they sort out the doseage and everything for me I just go through them).
  5. zoe1969

zoe1969 New Member

Name:
    Zoe
    I use Drontal and Frontline, although I did use Advocate last time because there was some concern that Coco had mange when we first got her. Also we have lots of snails and slugs around so I'm thinking of keeping on with the Advocate.
  6. Freyja

Freyja New Member

Name:
    Helen
    I use drontal plus wormers for all my hounds. I've never treated for fleas as I've never had a problem with them. If they did get them I would most likely use frontline but I don't see any point in putting chemicals on dogs to treat something they have never had.
  7. Hazyflight17

Hazyflight17 New Member

Name:
    ELE
    :) Hi i used to use frontline combi and drontal, but since advocate came available i now use that monthly as i only then need to use droncit every six months for worming as advocate covers both fleas most types of worms mange etc . can only be got from a vet though. dont use a flea collar though on a greyhound it doesnt agree with them . I always get anythink like that from a vet as my vet knows what products can be safely used on a grey.
  8. buglysprince

buglysprince New Member

Name:
    Lesley
    I use advocate and drontal works well for my 2 :)
  9. JamieWilson

JamieWilson New Member

Name:
    JamieWilson
    I get the vets to do it, Paddy has had allergic reactions to pet shop bought treatments.
  10. Sky & Joys Dad

Sky & Joys Dad New Member

Name:
    James
    We use frontline spot-on for fleas etc. and milbemax for worming. First is from the net and the wormer from our vets.