GSD Owners - what is the 'thing'? Questions

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by nickmcmechan, Dec 3, 2011.

1. krlyr

krlyr

Name:
    Karly
    GSDs, air and grace? Yeah right :lol: Casper demonstrated this beautifully earlier..running headfirst into the apple tree when fetching a ball (which I'd thrown not even that near to the tree!). Lovable, loyal and possessing that "thing", but not graceful!
    One of the things I found I really enjoyed having back was the vocalness though. Kiki is a GSD x Rott but hardly any noticable GSD traits. She whines, but isn't really vocal in the same way. Casper turned up, and the very same day he laid on his bed with his little grumble and sigh and my home just felt complete again!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever New Member

Name:
    Robyn
    Unless you have a GSD that would chase after said terriers and bark once at them and then herd them back to you...

Zara did that to the westies and it was the last time they chased after something and she is amazing. :)
  4. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    Thats funny. Abour 7 or so years ago, a couple rescued a jrt called Bella. They had onle had her a few months. I suggested they let her off lead to play with Jeager. The lady was so nervous, but talked her into it. She let Bella off. After about 20 seconds she just started trotting down the path, NOT in the direction of her home. The lady called and called. I asked to stop shouting. Then i just said to Jeager... Go find her. He bounded down the path toward her. As he came along side her, he gave her a nudge and a woof. At that point i whistled, he stopped and turned, made sure she followed, and came back with her. I t was absolutely brilliant. The lady was in tears, she knelt down hugged Jeager, and said " You brought my little Bella back.. Thank you Jeager!" It made me so proud of him!
  5. jesterjenn

jesterjenn New Member

Name:
    Jeni
    Jess goes off hunting and is quite happy to venture off. She's a really independant soul! Harley is more typical of the breed and doesn't stray far.

Sosha - I grew up with terriers and want my son to have one to train up when he's older (he's not 2 yet, but I want him to have a small, but intelligent breed to train, so a terrier is perfect :D ) I love seeing pics of GSDs and small dogs together :D
  6. jesterjenn

jesterjenn New Member

Name:
    Jeni
    :lol: :lol: :lol: I can imagine Harley doing that! He's not the sharpest tool in the box bless him :lol: :lol: :lol: