What's a trailhound ?? Questions

Discussion in 'Hound Forum' started by Murf, Apr 25, 2012.

1. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf

What's a trailhound ??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. TabithaJ

TabithaJ New Member

Name:
    ownedbyayellowlab
    Lovely dogs; when I was first researching which breed to get as a rescue I was in touch with a Trailhound Rescue and got as far as phoning Dogs Trust when three dogs arrived there.

They are very energetic dogs and can also leap pretty high fences. Also frankly Dogs Trust were alas pretty unhelpful which was probably a good thing as I don't think I'd have been the right owner for this breed.

Here's more info on the breed:

http://trailhoundwelfare.org.uk/?page_id=13
  4. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    This sad fella is in rescue too..
    unwanted worker
  5. DavidC

DavidC New Member

Name:
    David

Same here, I fell for them and looked into them for some time, even speaking at length with the welfare. However we would've not likely been able to offer it what it needed.
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thats awful heavy for a trail hound. Cross me thinks.
  7. Sosha

Sosha New Member

Name:
    Sosha
    Sucker for trail hounds - Big dog for a flat though.
  8. mad4foxhounds

mad4foxhounds New Member

Name:
    jackie
    trailies are a fab breed there drive s less then a foxhounds smaller in weight but some can be same height asfoxhounds, they are normally likegreyhounds once worked they enjoy the lazy life, they are great with children and make great PAT dogs, Trailies not as busy as foxhounds, and looking at this photo i agree he is heavy for a trailie, the dogs trust will either something a foxhound or a trailie and have been know to swap details if it means the animal will get a home or a place in a breed rescue,
  9. EgyptGal

EgyptGal New Member

Name:
    SHARON
    Thomas an old foster for Bw was a suspected trailhound they were contacted by trailhound rescue saying they had one of their dogs !! he hadn't however got a tatoo which they tend to have so he stayed with us and they put his info on their website as well he was wonderfull very gentle and extremely affectionate lovely dogs yes he loved his walks but was happy to chill once he had it !
  10. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    We had a 3-legged Trailhound at our agility class once (yes really!). It had been injured whilst out with the pack on a hunt as it was the last one crossing the road and got hit by a car :-(
  11. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    He is a lovely dog. Very interesting colouring. I know nuffink about trail hounds.
  12. Jason109

Jason109 New Member

Name:
    Jason109
    He is a cross maybe with a traily and rotti as its the head build and colour
  13. Jason109

Jason109 New Member

Name:
    Jason109
    This is bailey our trailhound and you can see the difference between them

Attached Files:

14. Jason109

Jason109 New Member

Name:
    Jason109
    This is bailey our trailhound i think he is a cross between a trailhound and a rotty

Attached Files: