Husky ?? or Northern cross-breed? General Chat

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Murf, May 17, 2012.

1. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    Am getting a slight headache trying to keep up with this! But I've just seen a dog that looks like this in the Cyprus Rescue.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    If you rescued a dog like this and were ready for a husky would a Ni be very different?
    You would know this Tp.lol
  4. Tass

Tass New Member

Name:
    Tass
    I am not sure that the wide range of dogs now called "staffs" or staffx", with an equally wide range of temperaments have done any favours to to the reputation of pure bred staffs.:cry:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 19, 2012
  5. magpye

magpye New Member

Name:
    Taz
    Probably stating Husky-cross would be enough to warn prospective owners what they might be getting in to. Though GSD cross is probably just as accurate... May have guarding tendencies, may be independent with poor recall.

I call Kismet a Huska-mutt these days:) Huskamute, alaskan husky all seemed to be bags of worms... If I had that dog, I'd probably call him a husky mix if anyone asked...
  6. Tass

Tass New Member

Name:
    Tass
    Why not describe him as a GSD x Husky? :?
    Or a Husky x GSD if being a husky gives him a better chance :) ?
  7. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    I think he should be down as a sibe x as well to make people aware he is not going to be your typical sibe.

Also re NI's this is where me and Tupac disagree an NI is not a type but a breed so to be an NI both parents have to be NI's just like with any other breed.
  8. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    sometimes sometimes not... my rescue n.i is very un-typically husky like! she is a gsd in sibes clothing...

even my n.i cross sibe is very different ;-)
  9. mo

mo New Member

Name:
    Maureen Boyd
    If this dog had come into the rescue I work at chances are it would be probably "labled" as a husky cross, unless a dog is easily identified as a certain breed and there is no doubt in our minds, it would be classed as a cross breed, because we have no idea the background of the dogs that come into us, as the majority are strays.

Mo