CSV (Czechoslovakian Wolfdog) vs GSD Discussions

Discussion in 'Czechoslovakian Wolfdog' started by STGSD, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    Hahaha just saw this! Yep it's for me raaaar! :005: :005:

In reality, he had servals, asian leopard cats and scottiswild cats. :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    But there is no question they ARE lighter in movement than gsd's build alone allows for that ;)

J and c .... Someone prepared for a very clever,independent but very loyal(to the point of not being very good being apart from their hooman)sometimes d.a when mature,very 'raw' dog with split second reactions, basically a companion u wouldn't be without but will turn your life upside down :lol:

Too many people wanting to 'promote' the breed gloss over the very real and potential drawbacks of living with one,people that have only exp of pups not mature dogs,its dangerous and does them a disservice :(

There are loads of points and things I have to say but this darn phone and the fact its all jumbled in my head and won't come out right :(
  4. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Deleted ... I should really read the whole thread before replying!
  5. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Seriously? Wow :007: Were they just a private collection? Where are they now? How cool!
  6. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Could you do a pros and cons list?
  7. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    beautiful shots, of a great dog.
  8. shadowlandsbg

shadowlandsbg New Member

Name:
    Christine
    OK, so they are not being agile in these pics (it's too darned hot here at the mo!!), but here are some of BJ (Beetlejuice) and Bodi (Boadicea) xx

BJ
    [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG]

and Bodi
    [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]
  9. Moobli

Moobli Member

Name:
    Kirsty
    Beautiful shots. They are very beautiful dogs.
  10. shadowlandsbg

shadowlandsbg New Member

Name:
    Christine
    Thanks Moobli :) It is very easy to take good shots of these dogs as they are so photogenic, even I can succeed :p

Tupacs2legs is the best - some of her shots are stunning (would be even without Tupac in them :p )
  11. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous, although I stalk your pics on FB so I have seen them all before! :lol: :mrgreen: :blush:

Will you be using the same sire again for your next litter?
  12. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    They were breeding bengal and savannah cats, and the wildcats were for a conservation project. His ex wife has them all now, which is another story altogether!
  13. shadowlandsbg

shadowlandsbg New Member

Name:
    Christine
    :-o a stalker! :blush:

That's a ways off for now. We only breed every 2 years to give Shadow a good chance to rest and recover - those little monsters take a lot out of her! It will be her last litter so perhaps we will use a different male (I have 1 or 2 in mind) - the gene pool is still so narrow that it would be good to bring in some fresh blood to our pups. All being well with her tests, Bodi will take over from mum after that :)
  14. jeagibear

jeagibear Member

Name:
    bryan
    third and fourth shots were extra special. thanks for sharing.
  15. Jet&Copper

Jet&Copper

Name:
    Annette
    Two years is a perfect time frame for me :mrgreen:
  16. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    What does it entail these days to import a Czech ...??
  17. shadowlandsbg

shadowlandsbg New Member

Name:
    Christine
    Firstly Murf (steps onto soapbox...)

Please never shorten it to Czech. It is the Reoublic of Slovakia who have the FCI breed guardianship and arguably did more to ensure the breed ended up as it has today. The FCI has recently made this even more formal by adopting the Slovak spelling/pronunciation as the official FCI name - Ceskoslovensky Vlciak (spot the extra 'i'). Therefore it is extremely disrespectful to shorten to Czech or Czech Wolfdog/Vlcak/Vlciak. If anyone wants to shorten the name, use Vlciak or CsV or CzW, but please, please not Czech.

OK - off the soapbox now ;-)

As for importing, it really couldn't be easier. All you need is a breeder who will co operate with you (they need to keep the pup for a few weeks more than they would necessarily want to and make sure all the paperwork is up and together and all vaccinations/worming etc are properly documented). I am not sure for other countries, but here in BG the eariest age for Rabies vac is 3 months. Once that is done, wait 21 days then the pup can enter the UK. It must be 'officially' wormed no less than 24 hours and no more than 120 hours (between 1 and 5 days) prior to entry and the vet must stamp and sign the passport to say when it was done. VERY IMPORTANT.....(this is from personal experience - a heart stopping hour or two for me in France!!) Make sure the vet has also entered the TIME the Drontal (or whatever) was given, the date alone is not enough.

So, at the ripe old age of 15 weeks (from BG), a puppy can enter the UK - as long as all the paperwork is present and correct.

We travelled by ferry from Dunkirk to Dover (I know others who have travelled by Eurostar). At Dunkirk they check the pet passport and scan the microchip. They give you a huge neon coloured sticker to put on the windscreen and you get on the ferry as normal. Pets must stay in the car for the crossing, but this one is very short. At Dover, you just exit as normal. I really thought I would be pulled over - BG number plates and a neon sticker on my window!! - but there were no extra checks done in the UK. All in all, it possibly added 5 mins to the check-in time and that was it (not including my having to drive all around the Dunkirk/Dover/Calais area to find a vet who would authorise the passport entry for the worming - for 10 Euros each, thank you very much!! - when I finally found the vet, he came to the door and said he was closed! I refused to take no for an answer tho'!! Mega stressed I was :p )

Hope this clarifies things, and sorry if I rambled a bit :p

Flying is technically an option too - but I haven't looked into that one fully.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2012
  18. STGSD

STGSD New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Thanks for the info on importing Shadowlands :)
  19. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Indeed......
  20. Monci.t

Monci.t New Member

Name:
    Monika
    Hi if you want to know or meet the pure breed csw let me know because i have one of them here in uk....he is 11 months old and i have learnt so much from him...he is well socialized but it is hard work. :) he is a sweetheart and just like any puppy he likes to play so if you are somewhere around london contact me and we can meet for a chat and dog walk...
  21. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Where did you get your boy from?