I've got a secret!!! General Chat

Discussion in 'Papillon' started by Berger, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic

I've got a secret!!!

We are officially on the waiting list for a papillion pup.

Its for my daughter mainly. She has badgered me for years to have a puppy of her own.

I told her it would not be just hers as I would be paying for it, feeding it, doing most of the work and training etc so we would share it.

I do want her to get into junior handling though as this is something we can do together.

We will also try agility but I've been told that the Show type don't really do as well at agility but it will be just for fun so not too worried.

I have been in contact with the Secretary of the Papillion and Phalene Club of Ireland who will inform me about any impending litters. We are hoping for a Tri Coloured Bitch but will also take a Black and White.

So there you go thats our bit of news and we are all very excited.

I was going to comment on another thread but thought I had better let you all know officially :grin:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Congrats :038: :038: :038: look forward to hear updates ;-)
  4. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    Exciting news! Can't wait to hear about the new addition and see pictures :D
  5. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Great news, can't wait for pics:grin: I've just seen one on the telly, a little baby one too, awwww how cute:lol:
  6. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    They are very sweet, can't wait to see pictures of her.
  7. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Thanks guys I'm trying to teach my daughter to be patient!! She's 11 easier said than done!!!
  8. lisa01uk87

lisa01uk87 New Member

Name:
    lisa
    Aww brilliant news, looking forward to "meeting" the little one (on here i mean :lol:)
  9. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    Oh Nic, how exciting!
  10. Lynn

Lynn Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Very exciting. a friend I somtimes walk with has two rescues Lily and Mandy. On is a bit shy the other one always thought she was the size of Ollie.
  11. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    There aren't really multiple types of papillon, I have known show dogs do very well in agility :)
  12. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    Ooh how exciting! Definitely keep us updated! I wouldn't say there is a split between paps and I know a fair few that do agility as well as showing.
  13. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Thanks for the lovely comments guys.

I didn't think there were different types either. I was talking to a young girl at a show recently. There was an agility comp going on at the same time and of course my daughter spotted the Pap straight away so over we went for a chat.

She said its not a difference in type but if you are serious about the agility you have to start from day one and for those that want to show too they can get confused between the two kinds of training, however, the Secretary I have been in contact with has been breeding them for years and one of her pups, Merlin, is doing fantastically at both!!

We really want one as a pet first and foremost and the showing will be more a hobby that my daughter and I can enjoy together. The agility will be fun for us all but we don't need to be fantastic at it.

We watched the agility for ages and the dogs and owners seemed to be having so much fun together. It was hilarious too watching the ones who were totally ignoring there owners and running around with big smiles on their faces saying hello to everyone lol
  14. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    I don't know much about showing but I can definitely say that you don't start from day one for agility!

I usually start my pups agility foundation training from 7-9 months, though with rave I have hardly done a thing with her yet and she is 10 months, will be a year old before I train properly due to having a baby due!

Agility and showing couldn't be further apart so don't see how the dog would get confused... And there are lots of people who compete in showing and agility too :)

Good luck with your new pup!
  15. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    Good luck with the new pup Nic your daughter must be thrilled.
  16. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Thanks again guys. Yes trouble Leah is beside herself with excitement and is constantly looking up pictures and websites, with my permission, as I told her she has lots of time now till puppy gets here and I expect her to do lots and lots of research!!

CC we don't mean actual agility and show training as such from day one, I mean more of the basics and working on teaching through play and building up a bond and then day one in actual training from the right age.
  17. Hanlou

Hanlou New Member

Name:
    Han
    Congrats! (Sorry - only just seen this thread!)

Papillons are stunning little dogs xx

I can just imagine how excited your daughter must be! :lol:

(Bet you're just as excited though really! ;-) )

Whisper's 'best friend' is a Papillon lol!
  18. Darcy Boy

Darcy Boy New Member

Name:
    Yvonne
    They are sweet little dogs. There was one at a training class I went to. It was handled by a young butch male & it was great to see just how much this little pup looked to his owner for guidance.
  19. Vawny

Vawny New Member

Name:
    Vawny
    Congratulations :grin: I realise I'm a bit late on this, does that mean you have your little girl now?

Love to see some pictures when she does arrive. Never had contact with a papillion, mostly big dogs where I live.