Havanese - Your thoughts on the breed? Questions

Discussion in 'Havanese' started by doggiesrule2828, Sep 9, 2012.

1. doggiesrule2828

doggiesrule2828 New Member

Name:
    doggiesrule28280

Havanese - Your thoughts on the breed?

hi everyone I just wanted to know your thoughts on the havanese breed. They are very rare, and cost about £1000-£2000, a bank breaker! They are a toy breed and if you want to get one, you will be lucky to find a breeder! Does anyone on this forum have one? I do and although they are a little pricey I would recommend them to anyone, they are very sweet.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. SallyEC

SallyEC New Member

Name:
    Sally
    Hi, i am new to the forums, just joined today, but came across this thread, I have a Havanese and had great difficulty in finding one for sale. i wrote to all the breeders i could find in the country, and eventually found my Mischa, she has a beautiful temperament
  4. Jfk

Jfk New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Hi, I posted on here in the summer asking if anyone had a havanese as I have a friend who'd like to get one.Alas due to their rarity nobody had any tips. I'd love any advice or help I can pass onto her ie personality, specific health checks, breeders.
    Thanks
  5. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    I work with a well known breeder...3 times a week they bully my wolfdog..the pups included lol!
  6. SallyEC

SallyEC New Member

Name:
    Sally
    I have since gone back to the breeder to get another pup earlier this year and she didnt have any plans for more litters, i think its a very tight knit circle of breeders, however i would attend dog shows and get chatting to some of them, thats the only thing i can think of. Mischa came from a this breeder http://www.jaybode.com/havanese.htm
  7. Jfk

Jfk New Member

Name:
    Jo
    Thank you for that. My friend has never owned a dog before and is looking for a small dog suitable for a family as they have two children ( 13 and 10 ). She had a good look on the internet and the Havanese seem to fit the home and lifestyle they have, apart from being very cute. I have advised her to go to discover dogs so she can see lots of different breeds so they are having a family day out. Hopefully she can get some more info there. The children have grown up with my collies so they are used to spending time with dogs.