WARNING - About Huskies!! (Shedding) Videos

Discussion in 'Siberian Husky' started by Stormpants, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Stormpants

Stormpants New Member

Name:
    Sally
    Wei Wang likes this.

WARNING - About Huskies!! (Shedding)

:shock:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2012
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    What a pointless video.

That is no more hair than comes out of many breeds when shedding eg GSD!

And why would you do this indoors?!

I think the film told me more about them than Huskies.
  4. Nippy

Nippy New Member

Name:
    Jenny
    I found it quite amusing and it did tell you why they were doing it in doors :mrgreen:

It could stop numpties rushing into buying a dog, not realising how much care it needed.
  5. krlyr

krlyr

Name:
    Karly
    Do you keep having this appear in your advertising bar too then? :lol:
  6. Bodhi

Bodhi New Member

Name:
    Dizzy
    Hehe, why I don't like thick coated dogs!!!!
  7. ATD

ATD New Member

Name:
    Anne-Theresa
    if it makes one person realise the amount they need brushing and that fur will be on everything them i think the video has served its purpose. i think huskies shed an awful lot more than gsd on a day to day basis.

ATD x
  8. LindsayP

LindsayP New Member

Name:
    Lindsay
    Crikey, I'm itching like crazy just watching that.
  9. Evie

Evie New Member

Name:
    Evie
    :lol: Good one.
    Quite a few huskies get handed into rescues etc with how much they shed being cited as one of the reasons to get rid! :-o
  10. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    I don't think it's pointless at all. We've had several calls from naive owners who are concerned that their husky is suffering from alapoecia because "all their hair is falling out." Also, the pop-up comment in the video clearly says that they normally brush them outdoors, but did it indoors on this occasion to better illustrate the amount of hair which can come out of one dog.
    We brush ours indoors, because if we didn't we would be inundated by complaints from neighbours about the snowstorm of husky hair engulfing their gardens. It's easier to control and clear up if it is confined to one room.

Unfortunately, too many people buy husky puppies purely on the basis of their looks with no research whatsoever. Videos like this might play a small part in making such people think twice before buying!

Mick
  11. Insomnia

Insomnia New Member

Name:
    Melanie
    I agree. It's a reason I wouldn't get a dog like that and I think a LOT of people don't realise how much brushing/shedding is involved. I have put some people off who've said to me "Oh, I just love huskies, they're gorgeous, I'm thinking of getting one!" To which I reply along the lines of, "Lovely, they are gorgeous dogs...do you enjoy brushing? They do shed a LOT." This normally puts all but dedicated would-be owners off.
  12. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    My two big dogs shed something awful.. 24/7.. 365 days a year, even after combing all the loose hair out everyday. We hoover twice daily including furniture. Clothes covered in white hair, regardless of where you try to hide them in the house. That`s the reason i`ll never have a dog that sheds again. :009:

I was naive when choosing the type of dog we have... all the owner/breeders stated they shed twice a year... God were we stupid!
  13. akitagirl

akitagirl New Member

Name:
    Lucie
    Haha! Omg, nearly as bad as Akitas!!!! Are they double coated too?

I seriously get more than that though out of keisha, her coat is so long as well as thick.

Couldn't care less about the hair and mess personally, they're worth it and I'm not very house proud, the baby eats his fair share of it :shock: :? :lol:
  14. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    But they do shed twice a year - once from January to June and again from July to December!

Mick
  15. Evie

Evie New Member

Name:
    Evie
    Ain't that the truth! :lol:
  16. akitagirl

akitagirl New Member

Name:
    Lucie
    Has the weather messed them up this year also? One of ours has been shedding on and off for months!
  17. MickB

MickB New Member

Name:
    Mick
    Yes - ours have been moulting pretty much constantly all year!
  18. janie

janie New Member

Name:
    Janie
    LOL... that`s what my husband tells everyone. :lol:
  19. miz66

miz66 New Member

Name:
    Miranda
    My Chihuahua has been moulting all year, he's only little but the hair that comes out is amazing he's also double coated so we have flying fluff around aswell.
  20. Gnasher

Gnasher

Name:
    Nikki
    My mally crosses shed all year - they are double coated too, and we suffer the "flying fluff" 24/7, 365 days a year. I can whip the Dyson round twice a day, and we still have massive fluff balls of tumbleweed-type undercoat blowing around everywhere. You cannot sweep it up, all you can do is vacuum - and vacuum - and yet more vacuum - and still you will never have a clean house! This is far, far worse IMO than the video showing the pile of fur removed from huskies - at least that does not blow up and around like thistle down! There is no comparison between a long-coated GSD and my two boys in terms of shedding and grooming.

Do I mind? Do I heck ... my boys are worth far, far more than a fluff-free house!!
  21. Fudgeley

Fudgeley New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Is that a daily amount if hair in that video?