Papillon breeders in the East Midlands / Yorkshire? General Chat

Discussion in 'Papillon' started by Hanlou, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Hanlou

Hanlou New Member

Name:
    Han

Papillon breeders in the East Midlands / Yorkshire?

We've done lots of research and deliberation (and have virtually had sleepless nights over this!) lol and have finally decided on our future breed. For Whisper's sake and our own we've decided that it would be sensible to go for a smaller dog and the Papillon ticks all our 'boxes' so to speak.

Lively for me to go walking with, intelligent for me to do training with and good looking too - which doesn't hurt! :lol: Also not intimidating for Whisper as she gets nervous around bigger dogs.

The Breed Club website is currently under construction and obviously I've had a look on the Kennel Club website for Assured breeders but I just wondered if anyone on here was able to give me any guidance at all before I make any contact with anyone?

We aren't in any hurry and are happy to wait for a year or so for the right puppy. We are also happy to consider an adult dog up to approximately 2 - 3 years. Health testing is important to us but we are also happy to consider a rescue dog.

Thanks for any help xx :grin: xx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Don't have any guidance or advice for you just wanted to commend you on your choice and wish you luck in your search.

I am currently the waiting list for a show quality pap puppy too. I contacted the secretary of the Papillion and Phalene Club of Ireland and she put me on the list. She also has 45 years experience in the breed so I trust her judgement.

I am not limiting myself to a particular area. I will travel to where ever the best puppy and breeder is.

Happy hunting xx
  4. Hanlou

Hanlou New Member

Name:
    Han
    Thank you. Area-wise I might be more willing to travel as far as necessary but husband doesn't think the same way and he drives. xx ;-) xx

Being in the Midlands and very close to the M1 we do have plenty of scope though as a lot of places aren't that far away relatively-speaking. Show quality isn't important to us - just a happy, friendly, healthy dog. :grin:

I've found some 'Assured Breeders' (KC) which aren't far away but this is our 'first time' looking for a breeder so it's all a bit daunting really!
  5. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    I know it is very daunting trying to pick the right breeder.

I know you don't want a show quality but how about even going along to some dog shows.

You will see alot of breeders and dogs and they are always happy to chat away about their furry babies.

Also isn't discover dogs on over there soon too.
  6. Hanlou

Hanlou New Member

Name:
    Han
    All the events will be on the Breed Club website - which isn't working at the moment. But the likelihood is that they will be early next year anyway. I do want to get to some events though yes.

I can't make DD unfortunately as I'm at work that weekend. But am hoping to make Crufts which is a lot closer to us too!! (Got to save up anyway for that for all the shopping!! ;-) )
  7. pingu007

pingu007 New Member

Name:
    BECKY
    I have papillons!they are super dogs! There is a papillon show coming up in november...held in the midlands. Will pm you some details tomorrow x
  8. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum

Name:
    Sue
    Marianne Brett (Goldmali) is in Yorkshire - if she doesn't have any Papillon litters planned she will know of some :)
  9. Hanlou

Hanlou New Member

Name:
    Han
    Thanks both!! Look forward to hearing the details of the show - and if you have any pics to share that would be lovely! :grin:

Marianne is one of the names that has come up and she isn't far away. Shall get in touch with her x
  10. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Oh so excited for you xx
  11. pingu007

pingu007 New Member

Name:
    BECKY
  12. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    The paps are fab as are the others.

I also spotted the Leo in the corner of the second from last too xx
  13. pingu007

pingu007 New Member

Name:
    BECKY
    thankyou!! thats not a leo...its lokis mum's estrela dandy:blush:
  14. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    SHOCK!!!!!
  15. Hanlou

Hanlou New Member

Name:
    Han
    Beautiful dogs, absolutely stunning! :007: :007: :007: xx

Thanks so much for posting the pics and giving me the show information - much appreciated xx :grin: xx
  16. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Oh how embarassing for me. Sorry Dandy :blush:
  17. Hanlou

Hanlou New Member

Name:
    Han
    Received an absolutely *lovely* reply from Marianne today! So friendly and kind! :grin: xx

Husband was shaking his head at my initial email saying it was too long but Marianne thanked me for giving her so much information lol! We've got to discuss our options now but am very excited!! xx
  18. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    with my nana having a papillon and her showing, she knows alot of breeders. i could ask her for you and give you a pm?
  19. Hanlou

Hanlou New Member

Name:
    Han
    Thanks Clo' that would be great! :grin: xx

It's very likely we'll be going with Marianne as a breeder but it would certainly be handy to have some details on other breeders 'just in case'.
  20. Soundgirlrocks

Soundgirlrocks New Member

Name:
    Alex
    Hi, just wanted to say congrats on finding a breeder, I got Rudy from a lovely KC assured breeder in Newport, and he is 6 months now and an absolute gem. My breeder was fantastic I think we exchanged about 100 emails before I actually went to pick him up. Papa are a brilliant breed I picked them for much the same reasons ar you.

Best of luck finding the pup for you
    [​IMG]
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2012
  21. Hanlou

Hanlou New Member

Name:
    Han
    Thank you! Marianne has been brilliant. Her replies are just as long as my emails lol! She has really taken time to give me thorough replies and answered all my questions. :grin:

Your Rudy is gorgeous!! :007: xx

It will be hard to wait lol but never mind! Very exciting!