Can anyone recommended a Beagle Breeder Questions

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by Kimbo84, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Kimbo84

Kimbo84 New Member

Name:
    Kimbo

Can anyone recommended a Beagle Breeder

Hi there,

I am new to this forum but have already read many great posts.....

I have been around dogs and horses all my life but have not owned a dog for many many years. I am now seriously looking at bringing a beagle puppy into my life. I have done a lot of research into the breed so know their faults, potential issues but have not been put off by the breed. (I fell in love with the breed about 10 years ago)

Anyway, I have been looking on pets4homes.co.uk website but worried about calling a random to buy a puppy so I am looking for recommended breeders or anyones advise on buying a beagle from someone you have used in the past so dont end up buying someones elses problems.

Hope to hear from someone with some advise soon.
    Kim
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Muddiwarx

Muddiwarx Member

Name:
    Julie
    The site you mention is not ideal, there will be some good breeders there but most are not.

Try champ dogs - look for someone who shows their dogs and breeds for a reason .... Not just £££ or because they love puppies
  4. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Eardlybeagles.com, have a look here.

I used to take my dogs to their kennels, lovely guys, used to breed/ show Boxers years ago, but have gone into beagles in the last few years.

They are offJ 15, M6
  5. Hannaho

Hannaho New Member

Name:
    Hannah
    hiya i have two beagles and i dont think i will ever have anything else! they are brilliant, naughty and loving.

i dont know any breeders but have you looked at beagle welfare ? sometimes they have beagles on their that are a few months old looking for homes , or if you email them they have a list of really good breeders

hope you find one :)
  6. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
  7. Kimbo84

Kimbo84 New Member

Name:
    Kimbo
    Thank you all for your advise!!

After posting this thread I found the beagle welfare site which was good but no puppies at the moment. I gave emailed a few local beagle breeders in my area whom I found on kennel club website. Maybe they will help too.

Thanks again all and as soon as I get one he will have his name in lights on the forum!! Hehe