GSD breeders in London/Kent? Questions

Discussion in 'German Shepherd Dog' started by Kitkat_, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie

GSD breeders in London/Kent?

Hi everyone, I have decided when I get my own place I 100% want a GSD, I just wondered if anyone knew of any good breeders around London or Kent?

I am not too worried about the dog being KC registered but I want all relevant health tests done. Preferably I would want a half working and half show GSD, I like the old straight backed type of dog. I wont be buying anytime soon but I would like to look at websites/research breeders and their lines well before even thinking about buying a pup from them.

I will be talking to the people on the Discover Dogs stand in November so hopefully will get reccomended someone there and can have a good talk about the breed.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    Hey Kitkat and good morning :039:

sorry I can't help you at your search, as I've no clue of breeders over there

but I'm so happy to hear, that you are not that keen on any KC registered GSDs and that you prefer those straight backed GSDs :)

but maybe you could look for an Old German Shepherd Dog? they are the long haired ones

check

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_German_Shepherd_Dog

not FCI accepted, but who does care? :016: :042:

maybe you could ask Helena54 for, where she got her Zena from? what a wonderful dog she has :007:

however, have a nice day!
    and good luck at your search :grin:
  4. Malpeki

Malpeki New Member

Name:
    Alexandra
    ...BTW, once I also owned one of them, he was looking like the one at the wiki site, lying there with that ball ;-)

gorgeous charakter, very friendly to everyone and a real true mate :)

ones my sister visited me with her baby twins, he didn't know
    he was just chewing a big calf bone, right in the doorway but the twins wanted to crawl out, so they just craweled over him, he just didn't care, only looked at, what comes crawled over his back, then he continued to chew at his bone :lol:

but he was a great watchdog as well, if somenone came close to the house, but never had bitten anyone

was friendly to other dogs, as well to my cats I had that time too :)
  5. rough

rough New Member

Name:
    sal
    i know of someone in Kent ;)
  6. smokeybear

smokeybear New Member

Name:
    smokeybear
    I am afraid "good breeders" and "not being KC registered" do not really go together.

There is no reason why any good breeder would NOT want their stock registered with the KC.

Also as you want half WL and half SL this may also be problematic.

Mating the two types does not necessarily produce what people think, although I have met a few nice examples of such a mix.

The best place for advice regarding breeders is ALWAYS the relevant breed clubs ie GSDL and BAGSD etc.

Breeding stock should be:

Hip scored = less than the BMS of 18
    Elbow scored = 0
    Have annual clear eye certificates
    Sire clear of Haemophilia

And of course they should be of sound temperament too.

GSD rescue is overflowing with the GSDs so that might be an option too?
  7. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    I wouldnt touch anyone that breeds for colour & coat
  8. Apache

Apache New Member

Name:
    Barry