Izzy's Papers say she has a line of Pedigree im confused Questions

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by dane6, May 24, 2013.

1. dane6

dane6 New Member

Name:
    Dana

Izzy's Papers say she has a line of Pedigree im confused

I got all her paper work yesterday from the people who gave her to us, and there is a paper in there that says she has a line of Pedigree, and it lists the Breeders name and her parents names......a whole bunch really..lol...i will attach a photo....there is also a American Kennel Club Application in the papers....lists her mom and dad again and the breeder....i tried to look him up but cant seem to find anything....she was purchased from a pet store, before we got her...a place called we love pets in Media PA...can anyone send in a application for their dog to the AKC or do they have to have a line of Pedigree....i don't understand why this still is in her paperwork...lol for breed it just says Beagle...it also lists the breeders address in a whole different state...lol....im so confused! is there any way to look any of this up online? Thanks!!! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    Googling the breeders name puts up this page (among others):
    http://www.petshoppuppies.com/report.asp?ID=32A0244
    (hopefully thats ok to share)

If I'm reading it properly, it seems a number of people have got mixed breeds from him.
    Since you didn't deal with the breeder in person, I guess there is no way to know how genuine or anything he is!

Anyone can forge papers really - or use real papers for a completely different dog (if that makes sense!)
  4. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    Am I right in thinking you have bought a pup that you thought was a pure bred beagle from a pet store, sadly when you buy from 2nd 3rd parties, you have no guarantee you are getting what you paid for.

The pedigree does not look like an official document, the "pet store" could write what they like on it and you have no way of knowing if the dogs on the form are genuine dogs/breeds.

It looks like they have put in the official AKC form to make it look authentic

If the AKC works the same as our KC, ONLY the breeder of the pups can register them with the KC, and it looks like that has not happened, so no you cant register him with the AKC.
  5. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    All I want to say is THAT IS ONE BEAUTIFUL LOOKING DOG!
  6. Jenny

Jenny New Member

Name:
    jenny
    Izzy is one adorable, gorgeous looking pup:007: I believe you wondered yourself what mix she is, as looking at a previous post of yours you ask if she is possibly a small beagle. Did you buy her as a pedigree Beagle - the only reason I ask is that to me she looks like a beagle/X - her nose is very narrow for a beagle and I personally think she has terrier in her too.

As she came from a pet shop I would be highly suspicious of that pedigree document.
  7. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    A pedigree is a record of lineage, anyone can have one, horses, dogs, cows, sheeps, pigs, you and I. It isn't the same as being KC or AKC reg.
    My puppies all go with a full pedigree, they are not a KC recognised breed, we have our own registry for that. It doesn't mean they are a KC reg breed, it just means we have a bona fide record of their parents, their ancestors and the relevant health tests they have had.
    What you have there is a record of the parents and the ancestors of your dog, some of them will more than likely be reg with the AKC if they are a purebred AKC recognised breed.
  8. dane6

dane6 New Member

Name:
    Dana
    We did not purchase her from a pet store...i would never...lol...I cant stand those places...She was purchased at one however by her first owner who then gave her to my friend, who had her for a few months, and then gave her to me....we were told she was the last in the litter at the store and she was bought when she was 6-7 months old, then given to my firend for a few months and she will be 1 in June....It seems like the dogs who need us always find us <3...I was just curious as to why she was bought from a store she would have papers....or a lineage...lolol!....We have a beagle named Max that was also bought from a pet store, and im sure he was from a puppy mill to, he has something else in there besides Beagle.....his original owners gave him to us for free...as was Izzy and they are wonderful dogs....then our other 2 dogs are rescues :)
  9. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    Dogs for sale in petshops are usually from puppy farms.

You have a lovely dog, I'd stop wondering about the pedigree or the papers that came with it and just enjoy your lovely dog!
  10. border pop

border pop New Member

Name:
    BORDERPOP
    looks slightly daxie in the picture, cute :)
  11. wildmoor

wildmoor Member

Name:
    Pam
    Hi Looking at this you can register the pup, the litter was registered you just need to complete the following on the form:
    Name of dog
    Signatures of all owners and co-owners
    Payment information
    Registration Options (For purchasing pedigrees and DVDs)

or register online here: https://www.apps.akc.org/dogreg/index.cfm?useraction=route
  12. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    All very confusing but wouldn't it be simpler to just go back to who you purchased the dog from and ask them the questions? Especially the question about it showing a breeder in a different state from the one you bought her in?