American Bully - UKC welcomes a new breed General Chat

Discussion in 'Bull Breeds Forum' started by pitboy, Jul 23, 2013.

1. zoeyvonne

zoeyvonne New Member

Name:
    zoe
    Bless them, the female has a terrible sagging back, the male stud looks like he's mid pushup, Not for me, the body is way too bulky for those little stumpy legs and their bellies are almost grazing the ground, not good for a breed that loves to bound around, the tummy is going to be in danger from any objects sticking up, not like they are light like a chi who could also catch their tums I guess but with that weight slamming on to a stick (for example) is going to cause damage :-(
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    This is what I think of as an American Bulldog.

[​IMG]

Far more agile and healthy looking...although I don't like squashed faces really.

I suppose it's like Staffies you can get very little piggy looking Staffies and then more agile looking ones...I know purist would say that there is only one type of Staffie and the other are cross breeds
  4. Jenny

Jenny New Member

Name:
    jenny
    OMG those pictures look to be of truly deformed dogs. How bluddy cruel is all I can say now:shock: :009: :evil:
  5. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
  6. Florence

Florence New Member

Name:
    Florence
    I know some Pit Bulls have been bred to look more and more massive and I think they've gone too far there as well. But to go as far as creating a new breed in those proportions is in my eyes abuse. :(
    This dog here is in my eyes 'bull' enough. But this is a european bred American Staffordshire Terrier..
    http://rathfelders-am-staffs.de/Englisch/index_htm_files/90.jpg
  7. catrinsparkles

Name:
    catrin
    Most definitely bull enough. A beautiful healthy looking dog.
  8. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I'm quite familiar with this breed. In actuality, the UKC has been registering American Bullies since the 90s. The dogs are registered as the APBT, however. They are only now changing the technicalities and calling them what they are, which are American Bullies.

I think the UKC is a joke for registering these dogs and allowing them to be called pit bulls. Many of them are deformed and not a single dog is a pit bull. The ADBA standard for a pit bull is nothing like most of these dogs.

The more deformed the dog, usually the more desirable. They are show dogs, and shows for this breed only are held all over America. Puppies from "good" lines run upwards of $3000 usually. Just like the unhealthy English Bulldogs.

The breed started in the 90s and the creator claimed he wanted to have a dog that could still be called a pit bull while removing the "natural" aggression of the pit bull. He also admitted to mixing in mastiff and other dogs to get the desired look.

Inbreeding is extremely common in these dogs, because a certain look is unattainable without it as the breed has NO real breed standard. The blue of the dogs is just pure mutt. Comes from a line called "Razors Edge" which is the primary American Bully line where I live.

Like I said, this breed isn't THAT new and the UKC has been registering litters for a long time, but calling them American Pit Bull Terriers instead of American Bullies.

Common bloodlines of American Bullies include Razors Edge, Gottiline, Greyline, Remyline, XXL, RedRum...
    Whereas common APBT bloodlines are RedBoy, Jocko, Jeep, Colby, Spike...

I don't mind American Bullies if they are conformed properly and not called APBT, but this isn't often the case. Also, you won't see any "blue" APBT dogs.

Here is an example of a "good" American Bully litter of pups...

The dog with natural ears probably wasn't show quality, so the ears were never cropped. Notice how he has a lot more white on his legs etc. and his jaw is far more underbitten. Something about him wasn't "perfect" so they didn't bother.

Inbreeding causes all the puppies to look almost identical like this. They don't have the temperaments of true bull breed dogs, either. They are extremely calm, placid dogs.

They don't have high energy levels like real bull breeds. Couch potatoes, if you must. Even if they did have high energy levels, their poor conformation probably would not allow for much exercising.

They also almost always get into the 100 lb range, when real pit bulls are in the terrier class and should never be that large. As they are show dogs, their ears are almost always cropped as well. That classic "blue" color came from mixing in Mastino or Dane or something early in the bloodlines.

I don't really like the breed (not saying the dogs in general, more that I hate that this breed exists), sure as hell don't like the breeders and don't like the UKC for allowing these dogs to be registered. Most of them aren't even healthy! IMO they are doing to the APBT what breeders did to the true English Bulldog long, long ago.

ADDED: As for breeding.. it's often done like this because the male cannot naturally get on top of the female...

WARNING - video of dogs mating.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TiJt6LXLbpQ

YES they are inbreeding!
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  9. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    Almost speechless here but looking at the third photo the word that sprang to my mind was 'grotesque'
  10. catrinsparkles

Name:
    catrin
    It's like the APBT there's the nice looking healthy agile dog and then there's the Extreme Pitbulls bred....completely muscle bound, bandy legs and their websites seem to be full of 'XXX!', exclamation marks, extreme prong and spike collars and women.
  11. catrinsparkles

Name:
    catrin
  12. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    Looking at that mating made me feel sick. If left to themselves, and unable to procreate naturally, animals die out, which is what these should be left to do. :evil:
  13. Baxter8

Baxter8 New Member

Name:
    Sandy (Baxter8 )
    Made me feel sick too - really sick, I agree with you, if unable to mate then they die out which is exactly what should be happening.

I am not really sure why this video was posted, apart from the distress and shock factor that this video would obviously cause. If that was the motivation behind posting this video - then congrats you've achieved your mission, there was nothing educational about it.

14. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    How interesting that the OP posts this & then withdraws from the thead ???
  15. tawneywolf

tawneywolf New Member

Name:
    June
    I shouldn't think it would be because he is ashamed, because he has no shame nor an ounce of compassion for what has been done to these poor dogs, and what is continuing to be done.
  16. JoedeeUK

JoedeeUK Member

Name:
    Deejay
    Pudding stirring was in my mind
  17. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie
    I don`t think that`s the reason to be honest, I think pitboy has given us many a nice video to watch when training his little girl, he has been generous enough to accept criticism on some of his methods and implemented them in his routine.

i think its a simple lack of understanding on how we see such dogs, and maybe some naivety on his part concerning those who breed these dogs and the dubious registration.
  18. Maiseymoo

Maiseymoo New Member

Name:
    Lynn
    Yes, the most fitting description yet.

As for the mating ritual, quite frankly that was obscene, those poor dogs. I can't understand what goes through some peoples minds to create such a monstrosity that can't even procreate without human intervention.:009:
  19. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I saw somebody ask about how a male could actually stud (tawnywolf, actually), so I thought to post that as an educational resource since I saw someone actually ASK how a stud male could actually perform his duties since it does look (and is) impossible for many of the studs.

Since I am American and familiar with this breed as it's common around here, I thought it was worth doing. Didn't realize it would be that offensive, but then maybe people on this site have never seen that before. You're excused! The moderator edited for me, which I thank her for.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2013
  20. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Hold on, now. I'm not sure that's fair. I think pitboy is a good dog owner. He doesn't own these types of dogs, and he seems like he understands the breed far better than many Americans I know.

I think he withdrew because maybe he didn't realize the harm that is being done to the pit bull. Maybe he didn't realize that it isn't a good thing to support this breed.
  21. Florence

Florence New Member

Name:
    Florence
    I think I need to leave this thread, upsetting me and making me feel really sick.

I just wish all dog owners had an ounce of understanding, respect and empathy for their companions. Something those people clearly don't have.