Grande Bleu de Gascoigne General Chat

Discussion in 'Grand Bleu de Gascogne' started by pitboy, Aug 1, 2013.

1. pitboy

pitboy New Member

Name:
    sahnsahn

Grande Bleu de Gascoigne

I was on YouTube and seen a video of a dog breed called the Grande Bleu de Gascoigne. Thire was about 5 of them in the woods searching for some large game. As the video was ending the pack found a wild hog and taked it down fast! ... I was shocked on how strong the breed is and the team work they did to take it down ..... I was wondering if anybody has any information on this breed and are they well know as a great hunter around the UK??...... Want to hear every ones say on this breed :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Fivedogpam

Fivedogpam New Member

Name:
    Pam
    Wikipedia has a bit of info if you google it. I'm not familiar with them.
  4. catrinsparkles

catrinsparkles New Member

Name:
    catrin
    My friend lives in France next to a hunting lodge and the man keeps these dogs as well as Griffon Vandeen Grands. They are all gorgeous. I don't know if its common in France but this lodge isn't about blood sports, they call it Le Chas and the puppies are raised with the bore piglets. When it comes to the 'hunt' his dogs track the bore down and they receive rewards...the bore are not killed. Bernard, the lodge owner, once made the mistake of letting someone bring their dog with them and as a result is favourite bore (Valerie) was killed....he was very upset. Now that's the sort of hunting I like!
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I have only seen pictures of them, but I think they are sensational looking dogs - I've always loved hounds.

They are certainly not common in the UK - though I am sure there are some being shown. I've just looked on the Kennel Club site (it said they failed to find favour in Britain once the wolf was extinct) and there are no registered breeders.

What a sad thing to happen to poor Valerie!
  6. pitboy

pitboy New Member

Name:
    sahnsahn
    That sounds interesting beacouse I all ways wondered how can u teach a hound to hunt large game didint even have an idea from whare to start
  7. pitboy

pitboy New Member

Name:
    sahnsahn
    Thats sad too here thire a good breed
  8. catrinsparkles

Name:
    catrin
    The man speaks little English, instead some sort of patois and was amazed when I saw the dogs and named them...he said no one else ever knew what they were. I didn't know the French for 'I'm a dog anorak!'
  9. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    When I was growing up I knew the Observer's Book of Dogs more or less by heart - I could tell you the average height and weight of all of them. Well, my parents wouldn't let me have a dog so reading about them was all I could do!
  10. catrinsparkles

Name:
    catrin
    Haha...glad I'm not the only one! When I was two I was petrified of dogs, so much so that I ran into the path of an on coming car because I saw one in the distance. ...so my parents got a dog. He was a boxerr x springer bu flooded like a black and white pointe. A beautiful dog but my parents didn't really know what they were doing and he was too much for them. He bit all three of us children to some degree or another but then bit a child who came to our house, even though the dog was behind a baby gate and the child was instructed not to touch him....the boy did touch him. It was 1974 and positive training and behaviourists weren't really heard of,,.so he was PTS but I was hooked on dogs!
  11. Tang

Tang New Member

Name:
    Pat
    :lol: :lol: :lol: