Pom or Spitz Questions

Discussion in 'German Spitz (Klein)' started by zaphod, Jan 29, 2015.

?

Pom or Spitz?

1. Pomeranian

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Klein Spitz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Mittel Spitz

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. zaphod

zaphod New Member

Name:
    Gill

Pom or Spitz

What is this. Pom or Spitz? It is 4 months.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. zaphod

zaphod New Member

Name:
    Gill
    She is 12 inches tall and weighs 3.3kg at 4 months.
  4. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
  5. zaphod

zaphod New Member

Name:
    Gill
    I have a picure of her with my sheltie but the picture wont upload for some reason. She is much less delicate than the Pom in your picture. In fact she is a tough little monster
  6. zaphod

zaphod New Member

Name:
    Gill
    Resized it. I think it was too big to upload
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I think she looks more like this - but this is a picture of a Schipperke, which is a type of
    Spitz.

[​IMG]
  8. zaphod

zaphod New Member

Name:
    Gill
    Interesting. That breed is exactly her size. Also Internet says that the name came from "little shepherd". I was suprised to find she herds as much as Shelties do. I had not realised there were any Spitz breeds that did that.

Most of it's listed behaviour matches hers, but she is exeptionally trainable; More easily than Shelties. She is trustworthy off lead even with squirrels and even in the dark. She used to bark at cats but seems to have got used to neigbours cats after me telling her not to bark about three times! Same with the neighbours themselves; a few tellings not to (bark and snarl) and she no longer does it. She loves meeting strangers now, she hated them two weeks ago. She is exeptionally attentive. She behaves as though she already knows most words I try to teach her., but that is not possible so she must really be an exceptional guesser of what I want too. Having always had Shelties before I find her behaviour quite different, and much easier. Quite an insight into how different other breeds behave. I have already taught her approx 50 different tricks. She also loves meeting strange dogs of all sizes but two weeks ago she barked and snarled at all of them. Training in a much more drawn out process with Shelties. They learn a lot but need much more effort to be put in. Presumably if she was a working dog breed of Spitz she would have to be easily trainable.
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I take it that you have no registration documents, but with her height and weight, she sounds more like a variety of Spitz to me. You could try googling the Swedish Lapphund for a comparison - I don't know how common they are though. It is interesting that you say she is so trainable, as there are a few small Spitz competing in Obedience at present - and doing quite well at it!
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sorry, I should have Googled this myself before posting. I think it is larger and heavier than your puppy.
  11. zaphod

zaphod New Member

Name:
    Gill
    Yes, it's behavour is like hers, but she is more outgoing with strangers, in fact downright extrovert and loves them. She will only be about 5kg when fully grown I think though.
  12. zaphod

zaphod New Member

Name:
    Gill
    Azz likes this.
    Hi,

I have just found out what she it by contacting the person who bred her - by accident. She is throwback Pom (mum) crossed with Klein Spitz (dad).

Thank you all for your help. My vet says there is a lot of hybrid vigor so she will be bigger than either parents.