Been in hospital Health

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by tumbleweed, May 3, 2015.

1. tumbleweed

tumbleweed New Member

Name:
    tumbleweed
    Late update

Last Thursday went into hospital to have a gall bladder removed. Seems it was very inflammed . Only in for the day 8.30am in 9.30pm home, due to keyhole surgery.Bit sore at the moment still and trying to get rid of trapped wind where he camera went in.

So hopefully that is the last hospital visit
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    All the best with your recovery. You should be more comfortable when you have healed.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I wish you a speedy recovery and hope that you feel better soon.
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Hope you are back to normal very quickly.
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Hope you feel better soon x
  7. tumbleweed

tumbleweed New Member

Name:
    tumbleweed
    Thanks all. Slowly getting there but still got a bit of pain where they cut. It is internal brusing that will take time to get back to normal
  8. tumbleweed

tumbleweed New Member

Name:
    tumbleweed
    Almost there now, no more paracetamal pain killing tablets and walking has improved but still a bit breathless. The hospital I went to has now been put in special measures and the trust chairman has " resigned :rolleyes:"
    Lets just hope there is a big shake up and a few more backsided given a good hard kick. Just one small incident to give some idea how bad it is.

I was so weak on the ward I wanted a zimmer frame to help me get about. It took 4 days, yes 4 days, for the nursing staff to get me one. think that is bad? well there was one all this time being used to prop open a ward door I was on.
    Any good points at Conquest hospital in East Sussex? yes the Surgical assessment unit were fantastic as were the surgical staff that carried out the operation. Such a pity the ward staff were so useless
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Oh dear! Glad you are feeling better now.
  10. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    So pleased you are well on the way to recovery - but the hospital sounds hopelessly disorganised! That would never have happened back in the days when my mum was nursing - the hospital was ruled by a dragon of a Matron and no one dared put a foot wrong!
  11. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Sorry to hear of your experience.

Not been well myself of late. Off work since May.

Hope you're on the mend.
  12. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It's not just that hospital, TW. When I broke my ankle, it was supposed to be elevated overnight to take the swelling down for them to do the op the next day. The doctor asked the nurse for a support on his first visit. I reminded them twice after that and when the doctor popped back in and it wasn't there, he got two pillows from the empty bed opposite and shoved them under my ankle. That was in Pilgrim in Lincolnshire.

My mum was in hospital for six weeks in Barnsley. She was dying and on the geriatric ward. There was no heating on the ward the entire time (November/December) and it was absolutely freezing through the night.

I could go on (and on and on)