Nearly *that* time for Rhuna Discussions

Discussion in 'Flat Coated Retriever' started by Tarimoor, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    Azz, Kitkat_ and CaroleC like this.

Nearly *that* time for Rhuna

Well I have tried before, but this is the time for Rhuna to hopefully fulfill the wishes of lots of people wanting a pup, including me. She's got good hips, great elbows, and clear eye cert as well as a clear gonioscopy. I'm sharing this experience for the benefit of people who may be looking at breeding, it's not an easy journey. The stud dog I wanted to use sadly passed away from Alabama Rot just after Christmas, so I am looking at using his sire. Rhuna is a minx at hiding when she comes in season, so I will be tissue testing from about a fortnight onwards, watch this space for lots of updates!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sorry to hear about your first choice stud dog. I hadn't heard much about the Alabama Rot situation last year, but I only get to hear about the New Forest area - whereabouts was he located?
    Good luck with Rhuna's planned litter.
  4. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    They are located close to Stone Henge, so not a million miles away. It really is such a sad loss, a lovely young dog with bags of potential, I only hope Rhuna can produce pups with the same potential using his sire.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tarimoor likes this.
    So diabolical this Alabama Rot. I will keep everything crossed for Rhuna.

You gave me such advice about raw feeding that I want everything to go well for Rhuna and for you. I would do in any case but without you I would never have known what to do and I will always be grateful to you for your advice.
  6. Tarimoor

Tarimoor Member

Name:
    Joanne
    Just for the Rhuna fans, this is a photo of her from last year up on the moors.

[​IMG]
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Tarimoor likes this.
    She is beautiful. Just beautiful.